Cheat Desserts

Options
coffeeQ2hrs
coffeeQ2hrs Posts: 52 Member
Hello everyone, I am looking for some recipes for "cheat desserts" to satisfy that sweet tooth but are also not loaded with calories. I came across an idea for ice cream made with bananas (have you tried it?) ... I am looking for things along those lines. Thanks!

Replies

• WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I made "ice cream" with almond milk, agave nectar/honey/stevia, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Shake it. Freeze it. Put it in a blender, pour a bit more almond milk, blend for a second and serve. It's really creamy like ice cream and it's really tasty(kind of taste like horchata.)

You could also just get greek yogurt, sweeten it and put it in the freezer?
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I love melting dark chocolate down with a little coconut oil and dipping frozen banana slices into it. It creates a hard shell and is super delicious.
  • clowdusc
    Options
    Fruit really helps me when I have cravings for sweet things. I recommend peaches and watermelon especially, because they're super sweet and very filling.
  • jaly92
    jaly92 Posts: 91
    Options
    Get some quark cheese (fat free and FULL of protein) and mix it with anything you want, make a cheesecake with it, add a bit of sweetener/dried fruit/fruit/hot choc powder/cereal etc :) Yum!

Quark mixed with a bit of natural yog, sweetener, bananas and sprinkled with almonds is my absolute fav!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Check out the blog Chocolate Covered Katie
  • coffeeQ2hrs
    coffeeQ2hrs Posts: 52 Member
    Options

^fabulous, thank you!

all these ideas sound great, thank you!
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    vanilla protein powder, unsweetened almond milk (1cup), frozen banana, vanilla extract, splenda, 1 tsp sugar free banana pudding mix. makes an AMAZING protein shake. if you also find those "frosting mix ins" by Duncan Hines they are only 10 cals for the packet and they come in great flavors like "cinnamon bun" that you can mix in with your protein shake and it's delicious. I made a banana cinnamon bun protein shake today and if you took out the protein powder it would have been 204 calories. But this was a "meal" for me because it was post workout and considered lunch so mine was 304 calories (w/protein powder).
  • zoefitzy
    Options
    BAKED PEARS WITH DRIED APRICOTS AND RICOTTA
    Ingredients (serves 4)

2 large, firm ripe pears, halved

75g ricotta

1 tablespoons diced dried apricot

1/2 tablespoon honey

Cinnamon to dust

Method

Preheat the oven to 180C.

Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.

Use a melon-baller or teaspoon to scoop out the pear cores.

Place the pear halves on the lined tray.

Combine the ricotta and apricot in a small bowl.

Divide among the pear cavities.

Drizzle with the honey.

Bake for 30 minutes or until the pears are tender.

Dust with cinnamon.

About 100 cals per serve!
  • zoefitzy
    Options
    And if you are feeling really adventourous -

Vegan Choc Mousse

2 ripe avocados
    2 tbs good quality raw cacao powder
    1-2 tbs agave or maple syrup
    5 very soft dates / soaked dates, pitted; or extra agave/maple syrup
    A pinch of sea salt
    A scant 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1/4 vanilla bean, scraped
    2 tbs coconut milk

Put all ingredients (except chocolate if using) into a clean food processor and blend until smooth.
    :flowerforyou:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yum! Loving that choc mouse idea....and a lot of the others. Thanks everyone!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Im confused. You want cheat but not a lot of calories. Thats what cheating is. I have a ton of very bad but very good recipes. Just not sure what youre looking for.

ETA this is what I have made recently:

Nutella-Stuffed Brown Butter + Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies (Ive been baking for 10 years and this is the best cookie Ive ever had) http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2012/09/nutella-stuffed-brown-butter-sea-salt-chocolate-chip-cookies-my-favorite-cookie-ever/

Thick and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/02/thick-chewy-oatmeal-raisin-cookies/
  • bluedevil005
    bluedevil005 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello. :)
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options

This. The date balls are awesome

Sunmaid pitted dates
    1-2tbsp peanut butter
    1tbsp honey
    1oz walnuts
    vanilla extract
    You can also add protein powder. I like chocolate flavored in this recipe

Throw it all into a food processor and enjoy.

Also, on the CCK site, seriously the chickpeas can taste like a cookie. It's godly.
  • AyySixPack
    AyySixPack Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Get some quark cheese (fat free and FULL of protein) and mix it with anything you want, make a cheesecake with it, add a bit of sweetener/dried fruit/fruit/hot choc powder/cereal etc :) Yum!

Quark mixed with a bit of natural yog, sweetener, bananas and sprinkled with almonds is my absolute fav!

Where do you exactly find this quark cheese ? Could you link me to something so I can see it and all that stuff sounds interesting
  • skinnyin2013
    Options
    Use chocolate graham crackers and fat free cool whip. Take 2 crackers spread cool whip on one cracker top with another and freeze. Then you have an ice cream sandwich!!!