Baby weight

Options
Beautiful baby boy 8 weeks ago but now need to shed the weight. Need to drop 60 lbs. never lost it after first baby who is now 2. Am sticking to 1200, exercising but slow to drop weight, at least am not gaining I guess. Time to exercise a problem with two under two. Will keep trying though.

Replies

• davekang
    Options
    have you considered an exerciseball of the elastic bands so you can fit some in between you two littlens.

You sis has 2 and I have seen how hard it can be lol
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    2 suggestions.....

1. You'll hear this one alot, and not just from me....1200 calories is really really low for most people. You can lose weight that way, but it's a question of whether you can keep it off in the long run. It's better if you calculate your TDEE and then restrict your calories by 10-20% from that. I keep my calories in between my BMR and my TDEE and usually don't eat back exercise calories from that. Some days I'll be over, some under, but so long as my average for the week is good, I don't sweat it. (That's while I'm not pregnant. Right now, I'm eating my calories, plus exercise calories. I figure baby needs them.) But if you are starving yourself, you won't lose the weight.

2. Don't be afraid to use your babies as "weights". Seriously, I know it sounds weird, but they will think it's a game, you will get to spend some quality time with them, and they will be less "in your way" while you work out. That, or plan your workouts around their sleep schedule.

You're doing good just trying to chase after the munchkins. I'm pregnant with #4, I know how tough it can be. Just keep your motivation up. Join a group on here. I'm fairly certain there's some for young moms. If you are a member of Cafemom, there's an awesome group on there called "Healthy Weight Loss" full of women who will motivate you. You can do it!
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am proud mama to a 7 week old (and a toddler) looking to shift around 74lb - i have already lost 26 since having the mini-one

I am breastfeeding which gives me 500 extra calories a day and eating roughly 1800 calories a day

I should probably eat more but i cannot afford it really!

happy to be friends and share info :) x
  • Apresner
    Options
    I had my son 2/1/12.....I am now down 73 pounds from there. I use MFP and I like beach body workouts....no I am not a coach and don't want to be. I started out walking, then did Insanity, and now I'm doing ChaLean Extreme. Checkout my profile pic
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Hey,

My bubba is 7 weeks old on Monday. I gained 22kgs with her & have lost nearly 10 of those 22kgs. I'm looking at losing at least another 30kgs.

I'm so sick of this post baby bellly :sad:

Happy traveling ladies :flowerforyou:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Beautiful baby boy 8 weeks ago but now need to shed the weight. Need to drop 60 lbs. never lost it after first baby who is now 2. Am sticking to 1200, exercising but slow to drop weight, at least am not gaining I guess. Time to exercise a problem with two under two. Will keep trying though.

Is it possible to join a gym? Chuck the kidlets in the creche there (once the youngest is a bit older). Are you in Australia? There is those yummy mummy training groups which is I think training in a group & they have a creche thing set up at the location that they train (I believe it's at a park).
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Check out Barre3... I am not trying to lose "baby weight" but what sold me on the on line workouts was the demo of a new mom doing a 10 minute routine (following along on her iPad) using her kitchen counter as the bar while keeping an eye on her baby in his high chair. It has been very effective in reshapping my soon to be 54 year old mid section! Not to mention leaning out my arms and legs, improving my posture. I haven't tried them, but they have several post-natal routines.
  • K1tt
    K1tt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, my baby is 13 weeks, I'm eating 1430 a day plus any exercise calories. Lost 22pounds of baby weight and am 10 lighter than pre pregnancy.
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    2 suggestions.....

1. You'll hear this one alot, and not just from me....1200 calories is really really low for most people. You can lose weight that way, but it's a question of whether you can keep it off in the long run. It's better if you calculate your TDEE and then restrict your calories by 10-20% from that. I keep my calories in between my BMR and my TDEE and usually don't eat back exercise calories from that. Some days I'll be over, some under, but so long as my average for the week is good, I don't sweat it. (That's while I'm not pregnant. Right now, I'm eating my calories, plus exercise calories. I figure baby needs them.) But if you are starving yourself, you won't lose the weight.

2. Don't be afraid to use your babies as "weights". Seriously, I know it sounds weird, but they will think it's a game, you will get to spend some quality time with them, and they will be less "in your way" while you work out. That, or plan your workouts around their sleep schedule.

You're doing good just trying to chase after the munchkins. I'm pregnant with #4, I know how tough it can be. Just keep your motivation up. Join a group on here. I'm fairly certain there's some for young moms. If you are a member of Cafemom, there's an awesome group on there called "Healthy Weight Loss" full of women who will motivate you. You can do it!

This is very true about calories. I checked and mines 1614 calories per dayand i have lost 19lb in 6 months. I know its taken a while, but its a slow progress. Had my little girl 15 months ago, and so i know how hard it is to find time to exercise. I just do it in evenings when shes in bed. Good luck luv xx
  • gingerredhead
    Options
    Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions and support. Great motivation and some inspirational stories. Greatly appreciated.