Thirsty Thursday.. WATER CHALLENGE

Options
Everyone knows we need water to keep us living but did you know that WATER also helps with weight lose? If you drink enough water you will not over eat because there will be no room in your body for extra waste. I drink a gallon of water a day and sometimes more. I never over eat and always feel satisfied!

Let's all aim for 64 oz of water today! Who is with me?

Replies

• BossBich
    BossBich Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im in 16oz down already!!!!!
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows we need water to keep us living but did you know that WATER also helps with weight lose? If you drink enough water you will not over eat because there will be no room in your body for extra waste. I drink a gallon of water a day and sometimes more. I never over eat and always feel satisfied!

You drink 18.5 glasses of water a day? do you, really?
  • ASGG7818
    ASGG7818 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Challenge Accepted :)
  • plus_chocolate
    Options
    I AM INNNNN
  • jabmzmom
    Options
    I'm in.
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options

8oz is one cup
    64/8=8

8 cups...
    not sure where you're getting 18.
  • Deedee0075
    Deedee0075 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Last I checked, 64 oz of water is eight 8 oz cups of water, not 18.5. Remember: 8 x 8 = 64.
    If she were taking larger shots of water, it would probably be 18.5.
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    In!!!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I drink 3 liters of water each day, and it only started when I started with MFP. I was always great with drinking 1.5-2 liters, but upped it. I actually find myself thirsty if I drink less now!

That said, I've got a migraine, and I've had 10oz of water so far this morning. I'll get there though, I've got a liter hanging out in the fridge waiting for me
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I keep a 72oz bottle at my desk, fill it up when I get to work and that's my intake while I'm at work...it truly helps and beats getting up getting water all throughout my day. I have a 20oz water bottle at home.
  • SueGlazier
    SueGlazier Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    In and already past half way there. 5 cups down, 3 to go. Gonna go way past that before the the day is out :)
  • mlblds
    mlblds Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) I find getting all the water in hard some times :S But I started having sparkling water in a wine glass with lemon wedges with my lunch & dinner ahah .. jazzes it up a little :) Good luck everyone!
  • lostinthe619
    Options
    54 oz down...
  • missionPossibleIcan
    Options
    I don't know if it comes out to 18 glasses of water a day. I carry a Gallon jug around with me. You have to remember when you workout you need more water, if you drink any kind of caffeine you need more water.... so therefor I need a lot of water. I only drink the gallon and a half on days before my long marathon training runs. I workout at least 1 hour a day....so I need the extra water. Water is a good thing.. NEVER a bad thing. Well unless you drink way to much of it..then yes that would be a problem!
  • Tricia223
    Options
    I'm in:smile:
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    I need I'll the help I can get. I've been doing better but challenges always help. I'm in.
  • missionPossibleIcan
    Options
    Add me as a friend! I will make sure you stay focused! :) I lost 50 pounds and know the tools to get the job done! Plus I have a masters in Wellness and fitness...as well a masters in Health Education. Fitness is my passion and I LOVE helping others..IT helps keep myself focused!
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm. A gallon of water a day is too much for me, depends on how much you sweat and your size.
  • bermudamel
    Options
    i'm in!
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options

8oz is one cup
    64/8=8

8 cups...
    not sure where you're getting 18.

She said she drinks a gallon a day. 1 US gallon = 16 cups.