Thirsty Thursday.. WATER CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I drink about 3 litres a day, not including training drinking. That's over double this challenge, and I take it in my stride, so it shouldn't be too hard for people to drink 1.8l (64 fluid ounces).
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It is safe if your body needs it. Like I said I need it.. I drink a lot of water because I am a sweat like a pig. I am an Adapted PE teacher, so I am always active at work.

A great way to tell if you are getting enough water is by looking at your pee... Silly I KNOW but it is the truth. You don't want it to be clear that means you are drinking to much. You want it to be a light yellow...but NEVER a dark Yellow or Brownish color. That means you need more water and fast!! I know I am not drinking to much because my pee is a pale yellow, never clear.

I will find the research on this and post it but I have to get to work! Have a future of amazing kids to teach!

So my pee is usually clear by the end of the day and I've been drinking 64oz a day. Does this mean I don't need that much water?? I've found by drinking this much I don't bloat nearly as bad as if I drink less.
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in, easy peasy for me, I drink about 168oz a day, filling my water bottle 7x's or more. I <3 4C Wildberry Pomegranate drink mix, 0 calories, 0 carbs, and I can chug it faster than plain water.
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well!! Great challenge idea!!

Getting all my water down is difficult--not because I don't like it, but because it's hard to do at work!

This will be a good thing for me! I think I will put a "water check" on my desk top calendar to pop up every so often as a reminder!

Cheers, everyone!

:flowerforyou:
    Brenda
  • happycamper43
    Options
    I'm in!! :smile:
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    I am in :)
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! Already have 24 oz in my system and currently working on the next 24!

In general I drink at least 72 oz of water a day, and on hard workout days I can drink up to 100oz. Of course, this is over the period of the day through the evening, not all at once, because that would just be stupid. :wink:
  • Ph4lanx
    Options
    It is safe if your body needs it. Like I said I need it.. I drink a lot of water because I am a sweat like a pig. I am an Adapted PE teacher, so I am always active at work.

A great way to tell if you are getting enough water is by looking at your pee... Silly I KNOW but it is the truth. You don't want it to be clear that means you are drinking to much. You want it to be a light yellow...but NEVER a dark Yellow or Brownish color. That means you need more water and fast!! I know I am not drinking to much because my pee is a pale yellow, never clear.

I will find the research on this and post it but I have to get to work! Have a future of amazing kids to teach!

So my pee is usually clear by the end of the day and I've been drinking 64oz a day. Does this mean I don't need that much water?? I've found by drinking this much I don't bloat nearly as bad as if I drink less.

No, the above isn't true. Your body can process about a litre an hour, so you won't have trouble even if your urine is clear. Just moderate the speed of intake, that's all.
  • missionPossibleIcan
    Options

I would see what the pee looks like in the morning...that is a true test!
  • missionPossibleIcan
    Options

No, the above isn't true. Your body can process about a litre an hour, so you won't have trouble even if your urine is clear. Just moderate the speed of intake, that's all.

It is just a great teaching tool for many who don't like water.. I use it with my students. :) Just a friendly reminder you know!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    me
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    1 liter down already...starting on my 2nd
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I am In :) I Love Thirsty Thursday's...
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Everyone knows we need water to keep us living but did you know that WATER also helps with weight lose? If you drink enough water you will not over eat because there will be no room in your body for extra waste. I drink a gallon of water a day and sometimes more. I never over eat and always feel satisfied!

Let's all aim for 64 oz of water today! Who is with me?
    wow a gallon I would have to stay home!:laugh: :blushing: O.k. I am in.
  • SuperCindy185
    SuperCindy185 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is also good to get up and go get water - keeps the body moving and the digestive system as well. Don't be afraid of walking a little extra far to get your water - it will only help! Keep up the good work!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I always drink 80 oz a day so I'm with this!!!!

I have a 40 oz water bottle that I fill twice a day!!!! Best Amazon.com buy EVER!!!!
  • krystyn13
    Options
    I'm in. 16oz done already....my goal today is 80oz actually!!
  • Ph4lanx
    Options
    I'm coming up on my 4th litre of the day now, and I've not even got home to train yet!
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • mvswatt
    Options
    I have been drinking a gallon a water a day for the past 6 months and it is so true! It is great for your digestive system and will help you not over. True, true, true! I do go to the bathroom a lot but just think of all the toxins, salt, and waste you are ridding your body of also. ;-)