pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    um wear a little?
    cant say its something iv thought about before... lol
    x
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Wear just a little. Do not drown yourself in it. And choose a nice light one, with citrus notes. Nothing musky
  • momar74
    momar74 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Cologne, maximum is 2 sprays.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    not too much!

its never a bad thing to smell good :)

spray a bit in the air in front of you and then walk through it. that way you arent drenched in it

good luck with your interview! :smile:
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    1 spray is all...
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    No one should ever wear cologne ever. In any event, I think it is safer without. What if the interviewer has an allergy or a sensitivity?
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    SKIP IT..... Absolutely skip it.

I work in a professional medical billing office of 75 women, and the number one thing they made very clear was that no perfume may be worn. We have physicians/surgeons and off-campus staff members who come here for their meetings - and where they are involved in direct patient-care, the smell of perfume actually can be overtaxing - especially for patients with respiratory-related allergies.

When I interviewed for my position here, they asked me how often I wear perfume, I told them normally on the weekends but I dont use a firehose to apply it either! (The managers laughed). I told them that I have some real sensitivities both skin contact and airborne and its rare for me to find a perfume I could wear without getting sick. They were VERY appreciative of that...

Interview - a fresh shower will impress them more than being doused in any cologne
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    If it's a light, airy cologne.... maybe. If it is a musky, heavy odor that someone can smell more than 2 feet away from you- AVOID it!
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Take a really good shower and skip the colonge. Some people are allergic (sets off allergies) and it's not a good idea. Plus, you don't want to smell like you bathed in it and even you think that you put a light amount on, it may really be alot. I don't recommend it.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would say either no. Some offices have no scent policies, and you don't want to violate that in the first meeting with them ever
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I say don't wear any cologne at all. Zero upside, potential downside.
  • claire_90
    Options
    I wouldn't ... cologne should only be able to be smelt when you're all up in each other's space. ...and you shouldn't be getting THAT close to your interviewer haha
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Agree with the no cologne idea - better safe than sorry!!!
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    If you're a regular wearer of cologne, and don't feel comfortable without it, then wear a little. If you don't regularly wear it, don't bother. If it's about making you feel confident then power to you, otherwise be clean and fresh smelling, perhaps just a hint of deodorant.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    not too much!

its never a bad thing to smell good :)

spray a bit in the air in front of you and then walk through it. that way you arent drenched in it

good luck with your interview! :smile:

This for normal every day use. For an interview: NEVER! The interviewer could have a sensitivity/allergy to the fragrance. Even if s/he can't smell it, it could give him/her a headache which could ruin your chances of getting the job.

Also, the interviewer may not appreciate any fragrance at all. Just by smelling it on you, you may not get the job.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    SKIP IT..... Absolutely skip it.

I work in a professional medical billing office of 75 women, and the number one thing they made very clear was that no perfume may be worn. We have physicians/surgeons and off-campus staff members who come here for their meetings - and where they are involved in direct patient-care, the smell of perfume actually can be overtaxing - especially for patients with respiratory-related allergies.

When I interviewed for my position here, they asked me how often I wear perfume, I told them normally on the weekends but I dont use a firehose to apply it either! (The managers laughed). I told them that I have some real sensitivities both skin contact and airborne and its rare for me to find a perfume I could wear without getting sick. They were VERY appreciative of that...

Interview - a fresh shower will impress them more than being doused in any cologne

I agree. A fresh shower and maybe a scented deodorant or lotion or something! Just recently I got on an elevator with a guy with so much colone on I had to get off the elevator! It was intense.
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I say don't wear any cologne at all. Zero upside, potential downside.

This!
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Just wear deodorant.....Many people are allergic to perfumes and colognes.
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'd say don't wear cologne. Some people are way sensitive to perfumes. I never wear perfume when I have a job interview. Just be sure your breath smells good! :-)
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    No cologne, this is a job interview not a date.