low carb breakfast ideas.

Options
I need ideas for breakfast (all meals actually) that are low carb. I have been eating almost 300g a day and would really like to cut back. I have a mostly dairy free diet (daughter has severe milk allergy) and I don;t eat eggs.

Replies

• Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have a frozen berry shake.

I get a large bag of frozen berries at costco (black,blue and rasberry) Save alot of $$ doing this.
    Protien from vitamin shoppe (muscle milk which is lactose free I think).
    Almond milk from publix

I put in about a cup of frozen berries
    Scoop of protien powder
    Probably a cup of almond milk
    and top off with water

Very easy to make and very tasty. I have a vitaminmix blender so sometimes I will throw a handful of spinach in with the shake. it is tasteless and does not turn the shake to green.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Chicken, beef, higher protein dairy, whey...
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I love a omelet...full of veggies, or meat. I love them all. protein berry shake is another way to go.
  • lizchristine
    lizchristine Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love low carb tortillas. Just had a wrap for breakfast with an egg and cheese! Greek yogurt, fruit, and nuts is another fav low carb meal.
  • judsywudsy
    judsywudsy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Eggwhite omelets always win. Each egg white is about 17 calories.

I also make a simple shake with unsweetened almond milk, banana, flaxseed, blueberries or strawberries or apples.easy to prepare and keeps me full till lunch.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I like to scramble a couple of eggs with some chicken. That way I'm getting the whole chicken life cycle in every bite.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    I need ideas for breakfast (all meals actually) that are low carb. I have been eating almost 300g a day and would really like to cut back. I have a mostly dairy free diet (daughter has severe milk allergy) and I don;t eat eggs.

apparently you should have bolded this part...
    I don;t eat eggs.
  • rf1170
    rf1170 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've found it helpful to abandon the idea of "breakfast food" most days... usually I just have leftovers or soup. Today I had steamed green beans and some pork roast that I made yesterday - it was a big helping, and the breakdown was 640 cals, 13g carbs, 37g fat, and 60g protein. I don't eat between meals, and I know I'll be full until lunch around 1 or 2!
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    I've found it helpful to abandon the idea of "breakfast food" most days...

Same. I often have leftovers for breakfast - tacos, chicken breast, meatball sub, etc.