PB2 help

Options
MissSusieQ
MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
Hello All!
so.. i've just finished a very hectic evening shift at work, and it seems to have gotten the better of me, because it suddenly seemed like a sensible idea to get on ebay and spend $22 on a jar of this powdered peanut butter.
but now i'm like 'what am i going to do with powdered peanut butter?' and (quite importantly i think) 'how does one eat powdered peanut butter?'
so.. can someone with the skills and knowledge help me out with the 411 on this mysterious substance?

Replies

• Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GJ9JY6/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00 might be cheaper.

I just had this for the first time this morning. I mixed two tbs of the powder with one tbs of water and then put it on a toasted arnolds fiber thin. Paired it with a cup of coffee and it was a pretty decent breakfast for 145 calories.

I plan on making some dips with it and using it in smoothies.
  • chenoamac
    chenoamac Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    put the PB in Greek Yogart
  • tara_jm
    tara_jm Posts: 33 Member
    Options

This is my favourite right now. One serving plain greek yogurt, 2 tbsp PB2, vanilla, a little stevia, mix mix mix. Then top with a few almonds. SO freaking good!
  • AlyssaNorth
    AlyssaNorth Posts: 57 Member
    Options

This is my favourite right now. One serving plain greek yogurt, 2 tbsp PB2, vanilla, a little stevia, mix mix mix. Then top with a few almonds. SO freaking good!

I use vanilla greek yogurt and it is AWESOME with a tbsp of pb2. i bought the choclate pb2 yesterday...not so great. have to figure that one out still. ha
  • AlyssaNorth
    AlyssaNorth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i also put it in my refigerator oatmeal with bananas or apples. im thinking about dipping a whole banana in it too.
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    IT is awesome! I mixed together a banana, 1TB of PB2 and fat free cool whip and it was like a peanut butter / banana pie!! only 142 calories! I mix it with water and dip apples, celery or spread it on bread like reg PB. I also mix it into my fridge oatmeal. Put inot smoothies. You can use it just like reg PB but a quater of the calories!!!
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump for now........................
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I go through that stuff like crazy... Put it in protein shakes, smoothies, yogurt, there's a peanut butter cookie recipe out there somewhere, make healthy no bakes with oatmeal & chocolate protein powder, put on salted rice cakes with a sliced banana (my breakfast everyday-yummooo.), mix with plain oatmeal and apple sauce, eat with apples/pears, melt it and drizzle on various fruits or frozen yogurt..... Any way you'd use regular peanut butter!

.....But I must ask, why was it $22? I get a 16oz bags for around $11-12.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too have contemplated getting PB2 on eBay as nowhere in the UK does anything similar but its just soooo expensive when you add on the postage!!!
    I want it to put it in my protein shakes as its less fat and calories than normal PB and I just love the taste of PB in shakes.

I guess i'll have to wait for friends/family to got over to the US and bring me back some :wink:
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    First, $22 seems really high for a jar of PB2. I pay $5 apiece.

But, I LOVE it. I mix it with a little almond milk and use it on PB and banana sandwiches. Or I mix it with banana and almond milk to make a smoothie. And some mornings I add it to my overnight oats along with sliced banana. I just realized, after reading this, that I may have a banana problem :)
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hello All!
    so.. i've just finished a very hectic evening shift at work, and it seems to have gotten the better of me, because it suddenly seemed like a sensible idea to get on ebay and spend $22 on a jar of this powdered peanut butter.
    but now i'm like 'what am i going to do with powdered peanut butter?' and (quite importantly i think) 'how does one eat powdered peanut butter?'
    so.. can someone with the skills and knowledge help me out with the 411 on this mysterious substance?

Haha...I just had to laugh when you said "it suddenly seemed like a sensible idea to get on ebay and spend $22 on a jar of this powdered peanut butter..." Totally sounds just like something I would do and say! We should be friends! I do love PB2 though too.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I mix it into peanut butter to make pb balls, or use it to sub for flour in baked goods. (Just a little, like 1/4 c. I don't think it would work to sub for all the flour.)
  • victorianesque
    victorianesque Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This stuff is delicious. I got a bottle of the regular and the chocolate on amazon for $5. I tried it, and it's heavenly, tastes just like regular peanut butter. I use it the way that I use any kind of peanut butter: with celery sticks (yum) or in my protein shakes. It's also really great with oatmeal!
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PB2 and go through about a jar a week. It's $5 at our grocery store. Key is to use cold water and not too much water. YUMMMY!
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I use Just Great Stuff which is the same difference from PB2. I use it in many ways (most of them with the 2:1 water or almond milk ratio):

- The obligatory PB&J sandwich
    - As a topper (or dip) for celery sticks
    - Add it dry to PB and banana Refrigerator Oats (http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal)
    - Add it dry or mixed to smoothies
    - I sprinkle a little over vanilla ice cream or mix it right in for a variation
    - Add it to waffle or pancake mix
    - Mixed with yogurt

The possibilities are pretty endless. It's soooo good :)
  • Zumbalicious_Zoe
    Options
    Hi, I too have contemplated getting PB2 on eBay as nowhere in the UK does anything similar but its just soooo expensive when you add on the postage!!!
    I want it to put it in my protein shakes as its less fat and calories than normal PB and I just love the taste of PB in shakes.

I guess i'll have to wait for friends/family to got over to the US and bring me back some :wink:

I got some off amazon.co.uk it was about £7 free delivery
  • mitsi94
    mitsi94 Posts: 64
    Options
    I don't have any local stores that carry PB2, so I purchase mine from netrition.com

http://www6.netrition.com/

They have a 6.5 oz bag of PB2 for $3.99 and a 16oz bag for $7.99. Flat rate shipping charges of $4.95 anywhere in US for your entire order. So, if you are also buying other stuff from them, it then makes it a pretty good deal.
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Any stores in Ohio sell this stuff?
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Any stores in Ohio sell this stuff?

If you go to the manufacturer's web site you can plug in your zip code to find the nearest retailer.