New and in need of motivation!

Options
Hi!

I actually joined a while back but haven't started using MFP until recently. I just discovered the community part and I want to make friends to help stay motivated and learn ways to stay healthy. I have a long road ahead of me when it comes to weight loss and this is my first real true attempt to give it a shot. So any words of wisdom is appreciated! Thanks!

Mikki

Replies

• nkfxo
    nkfxo Posts: 20
    Options
    My only words of wisdom is work hard, don't cheat. Whatever results you have in mind, use that to motivate you!!! You will do great!!!! Feel free to add me if you want!

Kat
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Log everything, move daily! Remember its a lifestyle change so make it a change you are willing to live like forever. Don't have cheat days just plan whatever your are wanting into your day. Don't deprive yourself of things you love (again just plan for them). If you have a bad day don't turn it into a bad week or month, start fresh in the morning but still log it. When you see the numbers it will shock you back on track! Accountability is key!

Log it before you bite it!!!
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Log everything, move daily! Remember its a lifestyle change so make it a change you are willing to live like forever. Don't have cheat days just plan whatever your are wanting into your day. Don't deprive yourself of things you love (again just plan for them). If you have a bad day don't turn it into a bad week or month, start fresh in the morning but still log it. When you see the numbers it will shock you back on track! Accountability is key!

Log it before you bite it!!!

^^^^ THIS
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I actually joined a while back but haven't started using MFP until recently. I just discovered the community part and I want to make friends to help stay motivated and learn ways to stay healthy. I have a long road ahead of me when it comes to weight loss and this is my first real true attempt to give it a shot. So any words of wisdom is appreciated! Thanks!

Mikki

Welcome. This is an awesome tool, the advice can be confusing at time so always check with your doctor for what is right for you. I have a success story and typed up what worked for me --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout

I'm in the queue to have my story in Oxygen and I will be giving fitness talks at sports events (so far I'm all volunteer) --- > http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752246-i-m-afraid-to-try-an-new-weight-lifting-program-now

Wishing you the best! Bobbie
  • fedupwithit
    fedupwithit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just remember to set realistic goals for yourself and never let anything stop you from working hard to achieve it. Nothing is as rewarding as drawing a line in the sand that you doubt you can cross, then forcing yourself to work to cross it. And if you find yourself struggling at any point is where your support system kicks in and gives you that extra drive. Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • andibswanson
    andibswanson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Start by setting one small goal and working on it. If you set 50 goals and are depriving yourself of everything that you love then you are setting yourself up to fail....trust me I know this first hand.

Set a small goal and concentrate on it. Lets say you love sodas or sugar....Keep your sugars under 5g per serving and start drinking water instead of soda. This goal is one that is feasible and can be met. After a two to three weeks of meeting this goal continue this goal and then set another one. You Can Do It! Feel free to add me if you like...I have walked the walk...Blessings to you and Goodluck!