Small Victory. Thanks real supporters.

Options
So I was literally scared out of my mind to step on the scale this morning. I had been doing so well all summer until July when I went on vacation. When I got home, I just couldn't get back in the groove. Then my brother got engaged and set his wedding date to December 29 of this year. And his fiance asked me to be a bridesmaid. For weeks I kept telling myself, I'll start on Monday. But something would happen and Monday would come and go. But about a week and a half ago, I received a message from a friend on MFP. And I realized, just with that short message, that I needed to stop with all my excuses. So I got back up on the horse. I started counting my calories. I started exercising. And I couldn't believe after one week how much different I felt. It was amazing. But the thing I was still afraid of was weighing myself. I knew I had gained weight - my "new" jeans were tight. This morning, I felt a sense of accomplishment. I went from doing nothing to working my butt off (literally and figuratively). So I took a challenge and got on the scale. And lone behold, I weighed 2.5 lbs lighter than my last log in. I was so excited. I know the scale isn't the only way to show my lifestyle change, but seeing the scale tip a few pounds lighter is always a helpful thing.

So for all those MFP'rs our there who respond to posts and reach out to those who may not have logged in for some time, THANK YOU. This site really is a useful tool if you have the motivation. And it's the people using it who help keep the motivation. So thanks MFP'rs and friends for the support and helping me get to this new victory.

Replies

• Mandysc
    Mandysc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finding your motivation again. I agree. People don't realize what their one post could mean to someone or just a quick message to check on them. We all know life can get in the way sometimes. 2.5 lbs is awesome.

Good luck on reaching your future goals.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Great story, thanks for sharing...and keep logging :)
  • Yummamamma
    Yummamamma Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! way to get back on the horse
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!