sweetners and unnatural food

Options
i have been doing really well for a long time eating only whole foods- havent been haing anything artifical or "fake"

I am wondering if this is the healthiest or is it OK to have things like sucralose and other artifical things- i am wondering if i am depriving myself unnessisarily of somthing that could be yummy or if the body runs better without these things :)

do you take advantage of sugar free options?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    i have been doing really well for a long time eating only whole foods- havent been haing anything artifical or "fake"

I am wondering if this is the healthiest or is it OK to have things like sucralose and other artifical things- i am wondering if i am depriving myself unnessisarily of somthing that could be yummy or if the body runs better without these things :)

do you take advantage of sugar free options?

If you are comfortable and happy with your current plan of abstaining from artificial sweeteners, then I wouldn't necessarily suggest that you intentionally go out and incorporate a bunch of artificial sweeteners into your diet. You're not ADDING any health benefits by doing so, but that being said I don't think they're harmful at reasonable amounts.

If you feel like you're missing out on something taste wise, then go for it. Especially if it increases your satisfaction.

I think that if you're someone who is (just as an example) drinking a few diet sodas per day and you enjoy it, I also don't think you should stop, because the majority of research points to artificial sweeteners as being totally fine given you don't have any adverse reactions to it.

Adherence/Satiety should drive this decision, not fear about the effects of artificial sweeteners.

Natural does not automatically imply healthy and Unnatural/chemical does not automatically imply unhealthy.
  • AlyssaNorth
    AlyssaNorth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    there is a natural sweetner made by splenda called nectreese. it is made from monk fruit. i tried it today. its pretty good...maybe better then splenda....
  • IrishMc
    IrishMc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    there is a natural sweetner made by splenda called nectreese. it is made from monk fruit. i tried it today. its pretty good...maybe better then splenda....

Nectresse - maybe natural, maybe not; not sure if it's any better than the others. Here's one of the few articles I found online that didn't read like a promo. http://www.naturalnews.com/036719_Splenda_Nectresse_ingredients.html
  • RubyWare
    RubyWare Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Natural does not automatically imply healthy and Unnatural/chemical does not automatically imply unhealthy.

Totally agree with this
  • AlyssaNorth
    AlyssaNorth Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Nectresse - maybe natural, maybe not; not sure if it's any better than the others. Here's one of the few articles I found online that didn't read like a promo. http://www.naturalnews.com/036719_Splenda_Nectresse_ingredients.html

damn comercials get me every time! i dont really care about natual...im a fan of splenda, just thought id try it. it more expencive. ill be going back to splenda after reading that.