HOLIDAY ELIMINATION CHALLENGE

Options
This challenge is NOT for Everyone! So Please Read through and see if its something you would TRULY be interested in!

It is an Elimination Challenge - It is Also a TEAM Challenge - Each week there is a challenge put up for individuals and the overall team - and each week some move on to the next...some don't...it is figured by those that finish the challenge And % of weightloss each week....thats the nutshell version...

This will be my 4th challenge now - but I'm making some changes... it has been and will continue to be a VERY involved challenge...A LOT of facets/things to keep track of and to read through each week. It has a GREAT team element and a GREAT teamwork environment. It IS Competitive though - this time around it will be 11 weeks...starting on Oct 21st - which takes us right through the New Year....trying to start it on the right foot!!

This is a Challenge that has heeded some VERY big results for some...and just kept others enjoying the support and keeping them on track....

If you are someone who thrives on competition AND teamwork environment...
IF you are someone who is on top of posts and info and doesn't have a problem with Thoroughly reading through directions...
And Following Directions....(and questions are Always Welcome if you have them!)
And if you are someone who wants to be truly challenged without the excuses...
This might be a good fit for you!

I am looking for a few extra people and some new blood to join up in this next challenge - Probably only about 20-30 people though - I already have close to 40 and do not want to overload this time around....

I'm going to give you a link to a previous challenge week - to give you an idea of what a week is like - PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR INTEREST HERE UNTIL YOU'VE LOOKED AT IT AND TRULY READ THROUGH THE WEEK!!! I Have, in the past, taken all who are interested and Many drop out the first week or 2 because its just too involved for them....others LOVE it because of that very reason! Because you are put into teams...immediate dropouts really mess up the team dynamic right off the bat.

I am adding a side/separate challenge for those that are eliminated from the "main challenge" - this is a new part of the challenge and will be a "points" earned challenge that will enable you to continue on, as well as, Win that side challenge and continue to help out your team! If you read through the link - there won't be info on that - cuz it is new to this time around - but info will go up about it.

Pop Quiz....(if you don't answer these questions - I'll know you didn't read through and you didn't check out the challenge week...so no go...) I just really want to open this up for a few new folks that this might benefit...as I said...it isn't for everyone - many don't have the time or the inclination to join up in something this involved...but it Truly is Great for those that do benefit from something like this!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sheri869/view/elimination-challenge-week-4-369370

****What is "HR / FR" and "EM pts".....(take a guess.... - it doesn't actually say in the challenge) - give it a shot...hoping for a few entertaining guesses but try and think what it might be...???

****What were the team names???

***What week was this link for??

A little added info - everyone is separated into teams - each team has 1-2 team leaders - you report all your daily info on your "team page" to your team leader - They transfer the #'s to the chart - everyone has access to view the chart - team leaders have the only access to inputing....

If you are interested let me know After you check out the link and read through this post....

Thanks for your interest!

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sherri, I sent you a PM and posted on my wall about how great this challenge is. Thanks so very much for organizing it and helping so many people stay accountable.

Kim
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Thank You for posting! And thanks for sending one of your awesome friends...got her on your team! She seems Fabulous!! sherrirb...What team do you want on?? I'll put her with you...right now I have you in the "undecided category" but guessing you have a previous team you'd like to join in on??
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Nope, you can put me anywhere you want...with Sherri of course
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    alrighty...coool!! I'll just kinda hold out for now then and see where there's the most need for a couple people if that ok... And I'll keep you two together!! I'm Glad you are back in it!! Welcome Back!! Missed ya! ;-) And she seems seems awesome..so thanks for showing her the challenge!!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I did the last challenge and enjoyed the team atmosphere. Sheri provided new ways to push myself every week and I picked up some good habits along the way.
  • lauriebar
    lauriebar Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have participated in the last two challenges and have lost close to 40 pounds during them and all I can say is wow. I had joined MFP and stumbled upon the challenge post and am so thankful. I have learned so much and have found some incredible inspiration through this journey with some amazing people.

As mentioned above, if you enjoy competition, are willing to work hard, have fun and make new friends, you have found the right place!!!
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to my third challenge :)
  • Asces
    Asces Posts: 182
    Options
    I am up for it :D I won't answer the questions cause I don't want to give the answers away lol.

I have done this challenge before and it is an amazing (and fun) way to stay on track.
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Go ahead folks...take the challenge.:flowerforyou: BUT I must warn you that this challenge is MINE!!!!!!:glasses: I intend to be the last man standing and the last Shark swimming!!! <^>< :heart:

I WOULD appreciate it if y'all would make it challenging for me though, so go ahead and TRY to take me down.:bigsmile:

Thanx Sheri! I needed to let that out.:blushing: Now let the losers (of weight) line up below. LET'S DO THIS THING!!!!
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi Sheri,
    Thank you for doing this challenge again. I know it take so much of your time and energy. I sent you PM, Can't give newbies the answers ;)
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Im in. Best challenege on MFP, IMO. Thanks Sheri for doing another challenge.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Is there room for me in the challenge? I do know the answer but I want the newbies to get it themselves :tongue: I love this challenge! I find that when I'm not doing it I feel lazier. I've lost 11 pounds in the past from this challenge!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,995 Member
    Options
    Yay, another challenge! We know which team rocks, lol!
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Ive done the last two challenges. Lost about 23lbs and about 23 inches between the two challenges. Its work yes but its worth it. Thanks Sheri for all the time and effort you put into these and all the hassel you deal with as well. Looking forward to another one.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    ****What is "HR / FR" and "EM pts".....(take a guess.... - it doesn't actually say in the challenge) - give it a shot...hoping for a few entertaining guesses but try and think what it might be...???

HR Heart rate
    FR fart rate ok well in my house thats the answer u would get since i have 4 kids
    EM pts extreme management pts

****What were the team names??? WOLVERINES CHEETAHS GECKOS

***What week was this link for?? week 4

I would love to give it a shot and I don't give up easily even when eliminated.
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am in again!!! These inspire me and motivate me.Team members provide support that keeps you going during tough times. This is not easy!!! But it is good!!!! Thank you Sherri for doing these. You help a lot of people, and in particular, me!
  • swagoner94
    swagoner94 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I really want to. I'm in college though and I have a midterm next week and I don't know if I'll be able to do it. I feel like i would!!! And I really want to, but I don't want to let the team down if I can't :(
  • carramel0705
    carramel0705 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Sheri869/view/elimination-challenge-week-4-369370

****What were the team names???

***What week was this link for??

I'm interested

Hard Rep / Favorite Rep / Extra Movement pts.

Dolphin,Tiger, Wolverine ,Gecko ,Shark , Cheetah ,Mustang

week 4
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love these challenges & love my team!! The challenges have helped me lose some extra pounds I had, but most importantly help me to be stronger & healthier for me & my family! This also came into play in a huge way when I had my riding accident a few weeks ago. Being so fit definitely helped me to recover & I think is a big part of why thee were no other broken bones besides my poor tailbone!!

Thanks Sheri!!
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This seems amazing. Just sent you a PM with my answers. :)