Replies

• pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    House of 1000 Corpses.
  • JenSpinnaChick
    JenSpinnaChick Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The Strangers freaked me out...and the music/sound effects in Insidious got me lol.

I love pretty much all horror movies, especially the old corny ones.
    Was the strangers the one with Liv Tyler??? cuz omg, I thought I was the only one that movie freaked out!!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    As a kid, Amityville Horror and The Shining creeped me out BIG TIME. My husband had never seen the Shining, so we watched it last Halloween. Guess what? Not scary. But Jack was still awesome in it and I still think it's one of the best horror movies ever.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    one of favorites has always been the langoliers
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    The Blob! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051418/

Saw it on a late Saturday night on TV as a kid and it was a dark and stormy night.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    EXORCIST-THE ONLY ONE THAT EVER TRUELY SCARED ME-STILL DOES

I must be the only one in history that doesnt think the Exorcist is scary, lol.

I agree, I didn't think it was scary either. My mom and I used to fight when I was younger about me watching it. She said it was the scariest thing she's ever seen.
  • PDLUCKY
    PDLUCKY Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    1) Amityville Horror
    2) The Exorcist
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    EXORCIST-THE ONLY ONE THAT EVER TRUELY SCARED ME-STILL DOES

I agree, I didn't think it was scary either. My mom and I used to fight when I was younger about me watching it. She said it was the scariest thing she's ever seen.

Me three...i loved the movie...but I didn't find it scary....
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    The Thing (Kurt Russell)

ETA: Event Horizon and The Hitcher the original.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    The movies that get me in the spirit of the season aren't all that scary: Trick r Treat, Monster House, Watcher in the Woods, Satan's Little Helper, Halloween III, The Halloween Tree...

But if I really want to scare myself, I go for things like: Lake Mungo, Noroi - The Curse, The Changeling, Burnt Offerings, Mothman Prophecies, The Innocents, or Session 9.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Priest
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    House of 1000 Corpses
    American Psycho
    Club Dread
    Human Centipede

I will have to give you props on Club Dread. I don't know if it really was a scary movie.. campy, yes. I love Broken Lizard.

MyFav Scary Movies: Ju-On, The ring, Quarantine
  • sunnygirl19
    sunnygirl19 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Paranormal Activity 1, 2 and 3. Soon 4 will be out and I dont know if I can sit through it!

Also the Blair Witch movie.....I think it was because of the things you dont see which scares me!
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Evil Dead 2... I know most people love Evil Dead or Army of Darkness; but personally I find that Evil Dead 2 has just the right amount of creep and comedy. Plus I'm in love with Bruce Campbell. I also really like Drag me to hell; can't go wrong with a Sam Rami movie :smile:

Edited to add: I heard they're remaking Evil Dead!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options

My favorite is Halloween...the original and the Rob Zombie version of the original.

Nope, you're not the only one. The exorcist scared me when I got a peep of it when I was just a wee thing but I watched it again years later and thought it was pretty dumb.

Have to admit that Blair Witch scared the bejeezus out of me. And The Strangers was definitely disturbing.

We watched The Monster Squad last night - nice bit of cheesy 80's kid level "horror". The next one on tap is Devil then Sleepaway Camp. October is horror movie month!
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified of scary movies. It, Child's Play, and Nightmare on Elm Street are my tormentors. If I ever watch one I have to watch it early in the day (so I have the rest of the day to forget about it) and with someone. It's like a car wreck: You know it's bad, but you can't turn your head.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i'm a sucker for the paranormal activity series.
    also enjoyed the grudge quite a bit.

had an unhealthy obsession with pinhead for awhile there too...good stuff
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I saw The Hitcher when I was 7 at a slumber party. It stayed with me for YEARS. I had never been so scared in my life.
  • boosham
    boosham Posts: 10
    Options
    The Gift was scary to me , its one of my favorites.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Jaws was probably the first "scary" movie I saw when I was younger and I refused to take baths and put my legs under the covers because I thought somehow the shark was going to get me. Now they are my favorite animal lol.