Exercises....

Options
I'm sure that there is already a post like this or similar to this somewhere but there is just so many to go through. I would like to know, what types of exercises/workouts does everyone do? I am curious and I would like to add more variety to my exercise routine. I play on the Xbox 360 Kinect (great exercise that don't even really feel like exercise). I also walk a little with my dog but it is a really slow walk (I know, any little bit counts). Other than that, I don't really do much else. I don't want to get bored so I want to know what other people do. So, whoever wants to reply, go for it. (: I would like to know what everyone des to become active.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I like to keep it simple; run, bike, swim row & strength training at home (my kids laugh at me because I find the controller on the PS3 complicated.....)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    This is a personal preference, but I like doing programs because it helps me stick to it and not give up. Some do get bored with it though. In August I did 30 Day Shred. I did Ripped in 30 in Sept mixed with ballet class twice a week, and on Oct. 1 I started P90X Lean, again working around ballet classes.

I don't like to start something and not finish it so that's why they work for me. Also I don't really like the gym so home workouts are better for me.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I run and lift weights. Not at the same time.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that there is already a post like this or similar to this somewhere but there is just so many to go through. I would like to know, what types of exercises/workouts does everyone do? I am curious and I would like to add more variety to my exercise routine. I play on the Xbox 360 Kinect (great exercise that don't even really feel like exercise). I also walk a little with my dog but it is a really slow walk (I know, any little bit counts). Other than that, I don't really do much else. I don't want to get bored so I want to know what other people do. So, whoever wants to reply, go for it. (: I would like to know what everyone des to become active.

I run, bike, and lift weights (heavy, light, moderate, pyramids, x-sets, super sets, etc), always changing everything up. I list what I do here --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752246-i-m-afraid-to-try-an-new-weight-lifting-program-now

I have so much to pull from it's never boring. My story here --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of variety so I have a large collection of DVD's (Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, Leslie Sansone and others), I have weights and kettle bells at home for strength training and the book New rules of lifting for women...a great guide to what you should be doing in terms of strength, I have a bike for outdoors, I love to walk outside at a brisk pace with some jogging or take a long hike, I have a gym membership and a really nice yoga studio where I catch a class every once in awhile. Lol....like I said I like variety!!!
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You should try Zumba for your xbox... I have it for my Wii and LOVE it!!! :love: :heart:

ETA: I've heard a lot of people say they like the "Just Dance" too!! :-)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I lift, run, walk, use the arc trainer, and use aerobic dvd's
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I swim, bike, run, and lift. I also hike a little.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I speed walk and do some low impact aerobics I saved on YouTube. I can't do much else. Or maybe I just think I can't.
  • jencuts15
    jencuts15 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I enjoy doing 30 day type programs and tracking my progress. It makes it more interesting for me. I am currently doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and the couch to 5K running program. I plan on continuing running 3x/week once I am finished and switching to a new tape every month or so. It keeps me motivated when I have a calander that I can cross of completed exercises
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    ConstanceMarieRuff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like to keep it simple; run, bike, swim row & strength training at home (my kids laugh at me because I find the controller on the PS3 complicated.....)

Sounds like a lot of fun. (: Well, besides the running, in my opinion. I don't like to run because of lady parts, haha. Maybe I would if I could find a good sports bra to hold them down. I don't have a bike. I guess I need to invest in one. I'm not a big swimmer either. ): I am only 21 and I too find te remotes to the games complicated, haha. Thank you for your imput though. I like your simplicity to exercising. (:
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Options
    This is a personal preference, but I like doing programs because it helps me stick to it and not give up. Some do get bored with it though. In August I did 30 Day Shred. I did Ripped in 30 in Sept mixed with ballet class twice a week, and on Oct. 1 I started P90X Lean, again working around ballet classes.

I don't like to start something and not finish it so that's why they work for me. Also I don't really like the gym so home workouts are better for me.

I think programs are great. I don't have the money for them though. I heard P90X is very hard. I know I would have to work up to that but I am a newly beginner on working out period. I was very sedentary until last week, haha. I don't like the gym either (out of paranoia). I prefer to be in the comfort of my own home. (:
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Options
    I run and lift weights. Not at the same time.

I'm not a big weight lifter. I don't even have any weights, haha. I have thought about buying some but I just haven' gotten around to it. A lot of people lie to run, I'm just not one of them. I would hope you wouldn't run and lift weights at the same time, haha. (;
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Options

I run, bike, and lift weights (heavy, light, moderate, pyramids, x-sets, super sets, etc), always changing everything up. I list what I do here --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752246-i-m-afraid-to-try-an-new-weight-lifting-program-now

I have so much to pull from it's never boring. My story here --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout

Wow, you have a great story. (: Thanks for sharing. (:
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Options
    I like a lot of variety so I have a large collection of DVD's (Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, Leslie Sansone and others), I have weights and kettle bells at home for strength training and the book New rules of lifting for women...a great guide to what you should be doing in terms of strength, I have a bike for outdoors, I love to walk outside at a brisk pace with some jogging or take a long hike, I have a gym membership and a really nice yoga studio where I catch a class every once in awhile. Lol....like I said I like variety!!!

Is there a DVD that you would recommend for a beginner? I love doing things in the privacy of my own home. I don't like gyms. I can't find the right workout dvd for me. I need to tone up my entire body but the place where I store the most fat is my belly. I have The Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD but it is a little more intermediate than beginner to me. I just started trying to be active last week and so I want something that will challenge me but not to the point where I say "I quit." So any advice on DVD's for at home would be appreciated. (:
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Options
    You should try Zumba for your xbox... I have it for my Wii and LOVE it!!! :love: :heart:

ETA: I've heard a lot of people say they like the "Just Dance" too!! :-)

I have the game Zumba Rush for the Xbox Kinect. It's fun. But, I do it everyday so it is gettin a little boring. I don't want to get too tired of it and quit. I do want to get the Just Dance game for the Xbox. I got it for the Wii but I have done figured out that with the Wii I can move just the hand holding the remote and I complete the move (yeah, I am that lazy, haha), which is why I like the Kinect, I have to move my entire body just like they do. I don't have the money right now to buy another game just yet. But, thanks for your imput. Which Zumba game do you have for the Wii?
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Options
    I lift, run, walk, use the arc trainer, and use aerobic dvd's

What is the arc trainer? Any recommendations on DVD's for a super beginner?
  • JPZ98
    JPZ98 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I work out at least three times a week at Curves for Women. I take a spin class once a week and I do alot of walking usually at a brisk pace. Most of those walking miles are with my 2 year old in the stroller. I have recently started the C25K program on days I don't have my daughter with me. I am not much of a runner, but wanted the variety in my walking.
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Options
    I swim, bike, run, and lift. I also hike a little.

I am not a big swimmer or runner. I don't have a bike or the income for one just yet. I don't have weights to lift either. ): I would love to hike but I would have to do some research and find a place around hre to hike. I have never done it before but it seems like it would be peaceful, challenging, ad fun. (: What is you opinion on hiking?
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Options
    I speed walk and do some low impact aerobics I saved on YouTube. I can't do much else. Or maybe I just think I can't.

I have to take my dog pretty much everywhere I go and he has a short attention span, haha, so speed walking is most likely not an option but maybe one day I cn get him to go for it. (: Could you tell me some of the ones you have saved on YouTube? I might want to give them a try. If you don't want to or just don't feel like it, I will understand. (: Don't down yourself like that. You can do anything you put your mind to. Get rid of that negativity. (: