Whenever he comes around

Options
OK...This is weird and I don't want to blame him in any way but EVERYTIME my boyfriend comes around I eat MORE! I can go all day on "snacks" or light meals but as soon as he gets home from work or something...I eat....and eat.....and eat!

Is it my nerves or something?

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's from not eating enough during the day.....
  • jhollyw00d
    jhollyw00d Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was the same way with my now fiance every time we were together. We collectively gained almost 70 lbs after our first year of dating. We called them "happy pounds". They're pounds you put on when you are happily dating someone and indulging because you aren't noticing anything but the other person. We're now hurriedly trying to take the weight back off as our engagement photos are quickly approaching!

Keep your journal up to date and try to notice what you're FEELING as you're starting to binge. If you are feeling anxious, it may just be because you are feeling guilty about the binge, not about being with your new beau!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Does your boyfriend eat a lot or more often that you normally would when he's not around? I think this is what causes the "happy pounds" phenomenon with women.

I'm happy to say that my boyfriend and I have no "happy pounds" because we're active together. We've actually LOST weight since being together!

Whatever happens, just make sure you're focusing on whether your body is telling you that you're hungry or if your emotions are getting in the way.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I suggest keepinga note pad around and maybe jotting down how you're feeling around those times. I found that when I was in a comfortable place or around those I loved I was covering up things that actaully made me feel depressed or hidden fears... Just a suggestion.
  • dawn675
    Options
    Thank You All!

I will do better at keeping track of what happens to me emotionally when he comes around. I think it could be that he hates it when I don't eat so I eat more around him? I'm not sure.

I prefer smaller meals with snacks and he doesn't think I'm eating.

Happy Pounds makes sense too but he and I do a lot of things together rather than eat. We go to the pool and the fitness area and the pool. When it's nice we go for walks.

I'll keep a journal and try to update in a few days.
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same with my boyfriend
    but that is partly due to the fact, he is so skinny and can eat whatever he wants
    and he always offers me some
    having mfp has helped though as i see that even a couple of things adds calories so quickly and now i say no to him,
    if you must eat try having things like fruit. :)