Have you seen this??

Options
A news anchor receives an e-mail about her weight and she responds publicly (and very boldly) on the air.

What do you think about her response?

http://www.upworthy.com/bully-calls-news-anchor-fat-news-anchor-destroys-him-on-live-tv?g=2&ref=nf

Replies

• legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've seen that.
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Oh god, not again. This will be the 141st thread on this topic. Jeesh. :grumble: :explode: :sad:
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This was already done yesterday :yawn:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    There are at least 10 other threads on here about that exact topic right now. You should be able to find a lot of opinions on this if you search the threads the last few days for those topics.
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've seen it. And I say good for her standing up for herself and showing you don't have to be a victim of bullying!!!
  • Zerashen
    Zerashen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've seen that. Kudos for her to reacting calmly. It's one thing to critique yourself. But to tell someone they have an obligation to lose weight because of people seeing them? Where is that person's letters to the shows with anorexic-looking personas?

If people are going to insult due to weight, please have the intelligence to realize that if we're bigger, we generally are aware of this. We're thicker, not dumber.

Dumbass letter writer.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Geez! Check the date on the post. It was written the day before all the MFP craziness.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    double post.
  • coliema
    Options
    Oh god, not again. This will be the 141st thread on this topic. Jeesh. :grumble: :explode: :sad:
    That's what I was thinking.

Then again, maybe they weren't on here when the other 141 people posted it.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    double post.

Yep...posted this before the craziness and got lot's of lovely responses due to it getting bumped!
  • coliema
    Options
    double post.

Yep...posted this before the craziness and got lot's of lovely responses due to it getting bumped!
    No, I wasn't saying you were a "double post", I was talking about myself, my response posted twice because I hit post reply a few too many times.