5lbs a month!

Options
:smile: Hello all. I have had a goal going for myself for 5lbs a month for the next 3 months.

*If anyone has similar goals please post here and share.

I wanted this to be a thread simply for motivation, so we can check in with one another and share ideas etc. I have a little getting to know you set up below for introduction and goal setting...*

Name: Erin
State: NY
Goal: 15lbs, 5lbs a month!

February:...so far 3lbs:glasses:
March:
April:

Replies

• floriancorina
    Options
    I am up for the challenge! I think we can do even better if we will work out too. To keep the metabolism going!
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My name is Kim
    State: PA

Thats what my goal is. I started January 23rd and have lost 4.2 lbs.

Im looking for new recipes to make, I am so sick of CHICKEN
  • usreek
    usreek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just went with 300 cals less that the cals suggested in MFP. This let me go over slightly and still meet the goals.
    Just made my initial goal of 169 lbs. 47 lbs lost. MFP works since its just all of us motivating each other and making small changes. Way to go
  • bnk11
    bnk11 Posts: 4
    Options
    I want to lose 7lbs, probably about two a month but I am with you!
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 1.5 lbs a week at the moment, so weighing in at 6lbs less by march 13th for my sisters 30th
    after that 4lbs a month will do me :)
  • ErinWhi
    ErinWhi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Kim,

I also make alot of chicken lol. But a really easy one, non-chicken, I make shrimp in a fry pan with a little oil and chili powder and put it over one of those Near-East whole grain couscous (5mintue on stove!). I mix in a little chopped pineapple to give it a little more flavor and it's a nice spicy/sweet combo. I am going to call it Creole meets Hawaiian lol but I love it, and it's def not chicken hahaha
  • ErinWhi
    ErinWhi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh def, I actually go to the gym 5 times a week since last April. I have a great friend who meets me so we leverage each other to go. We do a lot of different classes so we get the best effects and I must say I have toned up considerably but the weight has never come off until I reall combine it with a steady diet which died after Thanksgiving lol. But this website I believe is going to get me there.

If anyone is looking for some really fun exercise try Zumba! I teach it and I have been taking classes as well. If you like to dance (you do not have to know "how" to dance) you will love it! And it burns a ridiculous amount of calories too! Go to the website and "find a class" trust me you'll love it :)