Just diagnosed with PCOS and starting a low carb lifestyle

Options
Here is my story:

My name is Shannon and I am 23 years old. The love of my life (Tim) and I just moved out to LA (from Chicago, IL) in February with our two cats. I am originally from Northern Michigan and I am absolutely loving LA. I am a lab technician and customer service manager at a photo lab, I also do photography for them from time to time.

My journey has been a rough one like everyone's. I have been overweight my whole life and was teased (by my parents and peers) about it all throughout elementary and J.R. High school. Through that time I was a dancer and wanted to be professionally, I could have been, I was really good. I was all muscle so I didn't look overweight, thank goodness. I blew my knee out doing a high jump during a rehearsal so thus ended my dancing career. In High School I tired sports and enjoyed them a lot, keeping me muscular yet again. I stopped sports in 10th grade to start doing show choir so yet again, something active. My senior year I went to college so I didn't have time for anything...I ballooned up to 200 lbs. In college I know I was heavier than that.

But, about a year ago now I stepped on a scale for the first time in years and found myself staring down at 211 lbs. I was shocked, how could I have let myself get like this? I have no idea what my heaviest weight actually was but, 211 was big enough for me.

I have had a hard time losing weight and have actually just been diagnosed with PCOS (my doctor said this aided in my weight gain and also helped it stay on when I was trying to lose). She has given me until the end of December to lose weight (and keep it off) by monitoring my carb intake. She has said that Atkins will be very good for me so that is what I am following (not to a T, but adjusting for me).

I don't have a real number goal...Right now it is set at 125 lbs, I just want to be healthy.

October Goals:

-DO ME FIRST!
-Log Daily
-Some sort of exercise (30 Mins.) 2X want to start slow.
-Get my water intake back up to 8+ glasses a day.
-GW for October: 192 lbs

I had a really, really stressful September. My Mom finding out she has cancer, my Dad trying to commit suicide, not being paid at work, can't afford rent because of it. The list goes on and on. I am ready to focus, that is what I need, for me.

But, I am feeling really focused and ready to tackle what I have going on. IF any of you would like to join me in this PCOS/Low Carb lifestyle please feel free to post here or add me (send a message). If this get's too big we could do a group!

Replies

• FitLifeDiva
    FitLifeDiva Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey im sorry to hear about your family and your other personal concerns. Life always brings us pain and pressure, but its how you respond that gets you thru it and to a better place. I'm interested In sharing your journey.I'm trying this low carb lifestyle now too. My weight was stagnate at 169 and then I gained to 179 , and now im down to 175. I use to way 230 so the journey never ends. Initially I just cut calories and exercised but now that my body has gotten comfortable I'm having to change things up hence the new lifestyle. Now I'm looking for tips and techniques to live this life! Lets do this!