Bored on a Friday Afternoon......television

Options
TCASMEY
TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
What are some of your favorite tv shows and why?

I sometimes laugh at what we watch at our house. The other night we were watching the Biggest Loser and during the commercials we were flipping to Food Network to watch Diner Drive-Ins and Dives. Its like we were watching shows that were totally opposite of each other. We also like to watch Man V Food! Again a show the glorifies pigging out.

Replies

• breckmc
    breckmc Posts: 30
    Options
    I love Man Vs. Food. Aall that food that is terrible for you looks awesome as he's stuffing his face with it.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Most of the television line up in our house consists of Top Chef, Iron Chef, Chopped, Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations", Man v. Food, and anything else that food network has to offer. The other two channels that get air time here is ID (Investigation Discovery) and the "Sleuth" channel. Nothing like watching someone make a great meal and then switching over to a murder investigation....lol. I never though about it before...YUCK! LOL.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I like Bones. Biggest loser. & Super Nanny is my fav! I think it makes me feel like a better mommy :blushing: I think well it could be much worse! My kids are not that "bad" after all :laugh:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Most of the television line up in our house consists of Top Chef, Iron Chef, Chopped, Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations", Man v. Food, and anything else that food network has to offer. The other two channels that get air time here is ID (Investigation Discovery) and the "Sleuth" channel. Nothing like watching someone make a great meal and then switching over to a murder investigation....lol. I never though about it before...YUCK! LOL.

I love cooking shows and shows that travel places and show interesting and different foods! The only time we watch network tv is to watch the Biggest Loser, the rest of our favorites are on cable channels.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I love Anthony Bourdain! I close my eyes when he eats some of that stuff though. :frown:

I love love love Ellen!

Also liked the show on the Travel channel with the tribal people being put into American households. That was pretty cool. I forgot what it was called.
  • JMUBumbleBee
    Options
    The guy on Man vs. Food (Adam Richman) works out TWICE a day every day. Hence the stuffing his face and still looking pretty good.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    The guy on Man vs. Food (Adam Richman) works out TWICE a day every day. Hence the stuffing his face and still looking pretty good.

I always wondered how he could eat like that and not be extremely obese. I knew guys who could eat like that in college but they can't do it any more!

I also like shows about ghost hunting and cryptozoology.
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    I love

How I Met Your Mother
    Modern Family
    Gossip Girl

...old FRIENDS and Roseanne re-runs are the BEST.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options

I always wondered how he could eat like that and not be extremely obese. I knew guys who could eat like that in college but they can't do it any more!

I also like shows about ghost hunting and cryptozoology.

I saw the show "Hunted" last night that freaked me out! The family moved out and the ghost is still in there! SCARY!
  • 2bskinnyagain1978
    Options
    We watch Biggest Loser, AMerican Idol , I love 90210 the new one ( it rem of my teen years when i watched the orig) Big Love .. and one I am soo not proud of and never imagined I owuld like but the Jersey Shore on mtv I am from Rhode Island orig so I just like it to hear their accents it rem of home lol .. thats prety much it I wanna catch that new show on game show next work with Carnie Wilson the carnage or something its about how she had wls and thengained back weight nad now she is on a new journey oh and I love Ruby she is also trying to lose weight w out surgery .. I don't always get to watch them but I like them..
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    omg, i don't even know where to start.....by friday evening my dvr is usually close to 80%....that's how many shows I record....

i'm a reality tv addicted....bad....i think i need a mycoachpotatopal just for that LOL it's horrible.............GLEE is my top favorite right now!!!...........and i love my soaps.......anytime people need to know something about TV they always come to me...it's digusting really
  • flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    OMG, I love it! MyCouchPotato.com. It should just link to MFP!

:happy:
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    oh my...i watch so many shows!! lets see.....Ellen, Days of our lives, WWE Monday Night Raw, Intervention, Hoarders, I Survived, The 1st 48, 24 (im watching now!), 18 kids and counting, extreme makeover home edition, dr phil, maury paternity tests, law and order svu, Medium, Mercy, Modern Family, Supernanny, Biggest Loser, The forgotten, The locator, Dr. Oz, I didnt know i was pregnant, Friday Night Lights, and Blues Clues...lol. wow, i watch alot of crap!!! theres probly more, those are just the ones from my DVR!!!!!! this gives me something to watch while im working out.
  • rkoalltheway
    Options
    I LOVE WATCHING WWE RKO ALL THE WAY XD