How is this for a NSV?

Options
flatblade
flatblade Posts: 224 Member
I had blood tests six months ago and to summarize, they were the deciding factor for me to change my lifestyle. I had the tests again yesterday and my results were pretty good: BP from borderline to 129/65. Blood sugar from 115 to 100 (the top of the normal range), cholesterol (controlled with medication) went from good to optimum and last but not least--triglycerides from very high (215) to very good 85).

I have asked my doctor to do away with the cholesterol med. I would hope that there will be no more discussion about bariatric surgery and medication to control diabetes.

Replies

• gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I had blood tests six months ago and to summarize, they were the deciding factor for me to change my lifestyle. I had the tests again yesterday and my results were pretty good: BP from borderline to 129/65. Blood sugar from 115 to 100 (the top of the normal range), cholesterol (controlled with medication) went from good to optimum and last but not least--triglycerides from very high (215) to very good 85).

I have asked my doctor to do away with the cholesterol med. I would hope that there will be no more discussion about bariatric surgery and medication to control diabetes.

You're a-frikkin-mazing! :) Keep it up!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This is what it is all about. I my the changes that I have made for pretty much the same reason. And it feels great to take control of your life and your health!
  • imalexgirl
    Options
    Great work! Congratulations!
  • heyshell79
    heyshell79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, DIET and Exercise Rule!!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulation!!!
  • IrshRnr56
    IrshRnr56 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The numbers from the most recent testing are great!! I'm at a moderately high cholesterol, 212 total good number,or HDL is 50 but the LDL is 152--I need to lower that number fast!
    When I ran marathons from 2001 - 2007, my overall cholesterol was excellent, but a few more years of age and more sedentary lifestyle have proved dangerous.

Thanks for reporting your NSV, that is a motivator!
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Great job! Hope you are also taking fish oil. As far as I can see it's a miracle food. Lowers cholesterol, triglycerides, good for joints and brain function. And no side effects! Took my triglycerides down from 570 to normal in 6 months.
  • grammiemaggs
    Options
    That's awesome news. You should be so proud of this. Look what you did.

3-23371d3a335f61280298e21f65952e3b.gif
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Doin' the SUPER Happy Dance for YOU!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!