Insanity

Options
TylerJ76
TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
I started Insanity this week, I did Cardio Power last night. I love the work outs, but I have a hard time making it through any of them. Anyone else have this problem when they first started? I am constantly taking breaks and just watching, trying to catch my breath.

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue - I took a lot of breaks, and sort of jumped in when I could. And that's okay! I'm now in the recovery week between the two months, and it's definitely been exciting to watch my progress. The stronger you get, the more you'll be able to do :)
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    Completely normal. You'll laugh in 2-3 weeks time. Just keep pushing forward and try to do a little more each day. Quite amazing frankly! Seriously look at the other people in the video and they still can't do it all and I'm sure they've done the program several times already.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I take breaks, or walk or jog in place if I can't do all the jumps, etc.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I knew that I was just being silly.
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Completely normal. You'll laugh in 2-3 weeks time. Just keep pushing forward and try to do a little more each day. Quite amazing frankly! Seriously look at the other people in the video and they still can't do it all and I'm sure they've done the program several times already.

I started to laugh when I read this, I was thinking to write the exact same thing as I did this too. In fact I remember getting to work one morning ( I do my workouts in the early morning ) and not being able to walk from my car without holding on to the building!! Tyler take your breaks and before you know it you will fly through those workouts before you know it. Remember that is what the pause button was made for!!!! Use it!! Good Luck!
  • mcasarez74
    Options
    I noticed I cant add Insanity to my workout, maybe someone can help me with this please? Keep up the good work with Insanity the more you do the more you will gain resistance.
  • ohh_myy_quad
    ohh_myy_quad Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am in my second week and feel the way you do from time to time. Keep at it and like previous posters said, it gets better with time. Every "normal" human being goes through this!! Even the MACHINES in the videos get tired and poop out sometimes! :-) I have felt so sore that doing normal things like getting on and off the toilet (TMI, sorry) can be painful. It gets better day by day and you will start to feel stronger and have a higher stamina. Best wishes to you!
  • robertsonbrandi26
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm a mom of a 5yr old trying to tone up that last bit of baby weight and it's tough. I have to do interval workouts or do a couple different workouts to get to my goal everyday. It's rough
  • silverking22
    Options
    You just have to add it as interval training.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    That's me!!! I am supposed to be doing it, like RIGHT NOW, but am procrastinating because I hate it so much! I'm hoping that as I slog through it it'll become easier, and I'll start to like it...
  • jotun87
    jotun87 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just start slow...I've completed it and started off really slow in the beginning of each of the two months. As your body gets conditioned, they will be easier to get through.

Don't give up! Get good shoes so you don't mess up your knees (that's why I stopped the first time I tried it). Keep to it and know that you can get through it!!
  • jotun87
    jotun87 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I did the same. Diamond jumps? You have to be kidding me...
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I have to modify some of the exercises, like modified push ups. Hopefully I will be stronger by the time month 2 rolls around.
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options

I did the same. Diamond jumps? You have to be kidding me...

I'm only in week 2 so I haven't come across diamond jumps yet. I made the mistake of looking it up. Shaun T is EVIL.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I started this week too, and some of the jumps are killing me. I try as much as I can but if I'm hurting and I am, I slow down. I will repeat month one twice if I have to; you just gotta listen to your body.
  • whityluv
    Options
    I did 2 rounds of Insanity and it does get easier! Like Shaun T says, go at your own pace, next thing you know you will be pushing even harder and busting your fit test results! :)