New here. Hope to make progress. :)

Options
My name's Angelica. I'm a 23-year-old college student. I've always had trouble with my self image whether it was because of my leg braces when I was little or my weight now. I weigh 166 lbs and am 5'5". I'm hoping to get down to at least 130, but my ultimate goal is to tone up and just be healthier in general. I want my body fat to be minimal. I joined this community to perhaps gain some encouragement because I'm too embarrassed to admit this to my friends.

Replies

• DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    First of all, WELCOME to the community :flowerforyou: . This is a great place to be. I have thoroughly enjoyed this site and the support that I get from my "pals". I also give the same amount of support in return. This site has made it fun for me because I am now excited to see everyone's progress as well as reporting my own and I don't feel embarassed about it because we are all striving for healthier, leaner lives.

Please add me as a "pal" and I can hopefully be the gentle nudge that you need to get this thing started :wink:
  • chrissylovescj
    chrissylovescj Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome! *HUGS*
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My name's Angelica. I'm a 23-year-old college student. I joined this community to perhaps gain some encouragement because I'm too embarrassed to admit this to my friends.

I work at a university and got one of my student workers to join yesterday. She too is looking for support and I thought with you two being college students, you could relate to each other. She just posted her intro a few moments ago. Her username is BooksnBikesBeauty.
  • tonedupgrownedup
    Options
    Hi Angelica! I'm new too! Good luck with your weight loss journey! You can do it! Chrissylove are you from south carolina? If so me too!!
  • akashasspawn
    Options
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I hope to get to know this community a lot better.
  • wlattimore
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Im new to this site as well; only joined today but Im so excited, Ive sent this MyFitnessPal to many of my colleagues and friends. I live in NE Ohio, 5'5", weighing 130 lbs but Ive always been 120 lbs my entire life and this extra 10 lbs is a misery for my self esteem. I feel uncomfortable and less confident. I wish everyone the very best. I hope we can keep each other encouraged! Onward to our goals :)
  • MrsVR
    MrsVR Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome...I'm new as well...we are about the same height/weight and need to lose about the same amount of weight...although I'm a lot older than you..lol You will love this helpful site...good luck!!!
  • Hey! My name's Anna, I'm a 22 piano player. I'm also new, just signed up about 2 hours ago. I've done all the diets and everything, but unfortunetly can't seem to shed these pounds. I have about 35 pounds to go, LETS DO IT!!
    -Anna