ZOMG TOXINS!!

Options
13»

Replies

• murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Cleansing your body of toxins is good for your system. You can do a juice cleanse or take milk thistle, etc as an aid for your current diet. I do cleanse and I find it helps. I compare it to changing the oil in your car. Cleansing helps get rid of the junk that has accumulated in your body. Some people love it, some hate it.

Specifically what toxins are you cleansing from your system that your liver & kidneys don't? What "junk" accumulates in your body?

That's my question?!? What are these toxins I need to get rid of? Seriously, is there a list somewhere?
  • krawl78
    krawl78 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    "I'm going to shove coffee up my *kitten*"

^ I'd probably speak up here.

I agree with your premise on detoxes/toxins.

People do that?!?! I'm curious now - just dry coffee grounds or brewed?

You need to use the whole beans. Its called Cafenima and I highly recommend it once a week. If you have a porcine toilet I suggest replacing it with a stainless steel one or go outside.

I LOL'ed on this one. I love clever!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing. Overeating makes people fat, and if you are eating a lot of garbage, then toxins come along with it. So to stop the toxins, QUIT EATING GARBAGE! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I share a computer at times with a coworker and she was looking up different diet pills (many that are known to cause heart problems!!!) so I showed her the MFP success stories page! :smile:
  • BRenkwell
    BRenkwell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Is it okay for me to go on a detox diet and then get those foot pad things that suck the toxins out of your body through the soles of your feet? Will it make me skinny?
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    ...the only thing that gets cleansed is money from the poor sucker's wallet.

PT Barnum was right.

if you can sleep well at night after ripping off people all day, you can make a mint in the "weight loss business". i could never do that, but a lot of people do.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Cleansing your body of toxins is good for your system. You can do a juice cleanse or take milk thistle, etc as an aid for your current diet. I do cleanse and I find it helps. I compare it to changing the oil in your car. Cleansing helps get rid of the junk that has accumulated in your body. Some people love it, some hate it.

Milk thistle is good for people with liver problems. It isn't necessary for people with a healthy liver. Also, if you have problems with your digestive system interacting with your kidneys and liver, then cat's claw is a good herb to add to milk thistle, along with dandelion root. (My hubby has Crohn's and a fatty liver, so he takes these regularly.) But for most people, nutrition and plenty of water is all that's needed.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Chemical X

is that Racer X's nefarious uncle? or perhaps Malcolm X's kid brother??
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My manager just came back from lunch saying that she's starting a major detox tomorrow and wants one (or more) of us to join her in "getting rid of the toxins" in our bodies so we can lose weight easier together.

Whenever I hear the word "toxins" I generally smile and nod and think to myself "ZOMG TOXINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" because that just seems like a trigger word these days. Am I crazy? This "you've got toxins making you fat!" thing is bulls*it, right?

Do you just smile and nod when people tell you about their crazy fad diet/detox things?

Id smile and nod....then bring in donuts on Friday:drinker:
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I have fully functioning liver and kidneys. They do my detoxing for me.

not if you eat mcdonalds it makes your liver tired and your blood fills with toxins

but it makes your tummy happy :)
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    "toxins" gets on my nerves too xD

These people cannot name a single one of these horrible toxins they are trying to get rid of :P

They purge your wallet of cash!
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Chemical X

No... It's what made the Power Puff Girls special. They were made with sugar, spice and everything nice, but The Professor accidentally knocked Chemical X into the mix, and got three super-powered girls.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Chemical X

No... It's what made the Power Puff Girls special. They were made with sugar, spice and everything nice, but The Professor accidentally knocked Chemical X into the mix, and got three super-powered girls.

sooo does that mean Chemical X is stem cells?
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have fully functioning liver and kidneys. They do my detoxing for me.

not if you eat mcdonalds it makes your liver tired and your blood fills with toxins
    Do you have a reference for that?

google it
    You made the claim. Back it up with a peer reviewed reference.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Chemical X

It also turned Jojo into MOJO Jojo
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I usually try to detox every 6 months or so to get my smack habit back down to an affordable level.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    My manager just came back from lunch saying that she's starting a major detox tomorrow and wants one (or more) of us to join her in "getting rid of the toxins" in our bodies so we can lose weight easier together.

Whenever I hear the word "toxins" I generally smile and nod and think to myself "ZOMG TOXINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" because that just seems like a trigger word these days. Am I crazy? This "you've got toxins making you fat!" thing is bulls*it, right?

Do you just smile and nod when people tell you about their crazy fad diet/detox things?
    I ask them what toxins they are talking about, and then ask if they have a functioning liver and kidneys.