Chocolate Monster

Options
My biggest pitfall seems to be chocolate...any recommendations for sweet snacks ?

Replies

• Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Emerald cocoa roast almonds.
    Put a tablespoon of real cocoa powder into milk with a little splenda (I add protein powder and ice for a real treat).
    Have a small portion of good quality dark chocolate.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    fiber one chocolate brownies - only 90 calories....I like putting mine in the microwave for a few seconds so it's warm and gooey!

also love skinny cow - their ice cream is great and so are their chocolate bars/snacks :smile: (typically around 100 to 115 calories)
  • kvetlana
    Options
    I think with most things if you deny yourself completely, you'll just crave it more. If I were you, I'd try to find a low cal chocolate snack that you can fit into your allowance and not worry about.

I don't know where you're based, but here in the UK, you can get two finger Kit Kats that are 107 cals and I swear by them when I need a chocolate fix!

K xx
  • FloridasFinest
    Options
    I'm right there with ya! One thing I've tried is dark chocolate roasted almonds. They are really good and help a bit with the chocolate craving.
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    If you like coffee... What works for me is a cup of coffee with a tbsp of light hot chocolate mix and a tbsp of fat free creamer. Under 30 Calories. Or I usually have fat free chocolate pudding around for a treat, around 60 calories.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate...what about dark chocolate, just a little here and there? I also bought chocolate flavoured protein shakes to help with the craving.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I just eat it when I want it. I don't deprive myself of any food I may want. You just have to work a little bit harder for it, that is all there is to it.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    There are lots of snacks that are lower in calories and do the trick!! The slimfast snack bars are absolutely delicious!! The Chocolate Nougat and Peanut Butter Crunch Time are my favs... they taste like actual candy bars just shrunk down to 100 calories. Skinny cow makes some delicious chocolate snacks, too. Cocoa roasted almonds are also amazing!! Lots of choices out there for lower calorie snacks that are chocolate and scrumptious!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Fiber One brownies, and buying fun sized candy bars. Then I eat them as slooooooowly as possible.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Candied bacon
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I make carob flour cookies from time to time. Carob flour is amazing. You dont need to add any sugar or sweetener. It has such an amazing sweet chocote taste. I also make pudding from carob flour. You have no other ingredient, just carob flour and water.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    cookies?

tumblr_marjr8m99j1rh11deo1_500.gif
  • Wilson929
    Wilson929 Posts: 100
    Options
    Candied bacon

We have an outdoor food festival called Taste of Rochester and this year they had a vendor that had..... wait for it....
    Candied Bacon Smores !!!

Edit to add to the OP. Dark chocolate is the way to go if you want a real chocolate treat. I recomend the Ghirardelli Cabernet Matinee. Dark Chocolate with blackberries and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. I have one square after lunch almost every day.
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    yes cookies from carob flour
  • carlyhawks05
    carlyhawks05 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Weght Watchers Giant Chocolate Fudge Bars (Not really giant) they are delicious! Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter on a Light Thomas Multi-Grain English Muffin!
  • crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I eat cocoa powder on my oatmeal with liquid stevia extract. Also, I eat a tablespoon of peanut butter, stevia extract and a tablespoon of cocoa powder in greek yogurt. Yummmm.... :)
  • howens1027
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!!!