Anyone else eating for one?

Options
Looking for friends who are single and live alone... I hate leftovers so would like to hear what people's meals are.

Feel free to add me if you like!

Replies

• Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Kashi oatmeal
    Lunch: Salad kit with half the dressing
    Dinner: Sardines on flatbread seasoned crackers (1/2 can, and egad I eat the other half tomorrow after I stick it in a plastic bag and refrigerate... Sardines can stink up a fridge.)
    Snacks: Hard boiled egg without the yolk
    Otherwise: canned soup or homemade using those little instant soup packs for 45 calories or one serving broth packets.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Yes. Bumping so I can come back when I have more time to share/read ideas!
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I hard boil a dozen eggs and keep them in their shells in the fridge. I make egg salad with light mayonaise...but I only use the eggs that I need for one serving so I am not tempted to make it a bigger portion and I am not faced with a ton of egg salad leftovers.
  • charmingopal
    charmingopal Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I hard boil a dozen eggs and keep them in their shells in the fridge. I make egg salad with light mayonaise...but I only use the eggs that I need for one serving so I am not tempted to make it a bigger portion and I am not faced with a ton of egg salad leftovers.

I feel like hard boiled eggs smell funny to me if I keep them more than a day. But egg salad sounds good.
  • dy617
    dy617 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of leftovers, so I pretty much cook every day. If I don't its because I made turkey chili or baked a few extra pieces of chicken or fish.

Breakfast: shakeology or kale smoothie/oatmeal/egg whites with ezekiel bread

Lunch: homemade salad with protein/grilled veggies with protein/sometimes brown rice or wheat pasta

Dinner: Veggies and protein

I don't know if this is helpful. Try as I might, I still waste a lot of food. I do cook for my boyfriend, but we don't live together so that's not all the time.

I will send you a friend request. We can help each other out! :-)
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to be much good to you because I like cooking up batches of food so that I can put them in the fridge or freezer so they're ready to warm up for convenience when I don't have the time or enthusiasm to cook. At other times I don't have too much trouble cooking the right amount for one so that I don't have leftovers, I just scale down my favourite recipes and tend use a fair amount of frozen vegetables as you can use the amount you need and they are always ready on hand, nutritionally they're better than leaving fresh veggies sitting around for days before you eat them too.