Yoga for the overweight

Options
Does anyone else do yoga who are overweight? I am overweight and have found some solace in Sadie Nardini, she is all over YouTube with great videos but I am losing steam. Any advice, I'm an absolute beginner and would love to continue with yoga. Any instructors you particularly like?

Replies

• Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've taken regular, and yoga specifically for those who are overweight. The latter is a class called Curvy Yoga. She has trained some instructors, but I'm not sure how widespread the program is. Check her out at www.curvyyoga.com
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE yoga instructor at my gym is overweight. She has a knee problem and has some kind of thyroid problem. She also teaches a cycling class. I am technically about 10 pounds over weight, but 20 pounds ago (205) I was doing it. It takes a couple times to really enjoy it though, so stick with it!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I actually like the wii fit yoga, and love no matter what weight I am. I am really into mybarre3 right now. they have classes in real life in some cities, but they have these great little mini workouts at 10,30,40 or 60 minutes...and quite a few for new mommies I might note.

they have free trials and some on you tube as well.

great stuff!