small portions

Options
We went to chinese food last night. I was nervous. I love :love: chinese food. When they brought out the food (family style) they gave my 3 yr old a smaller plate. I switched plates with her. I was not able to put too much on my plate. It worked out great. I was also very proud that I did not go for seconds. I also drank a glass of water right before eating. It helped fill me. I was satisfied.:wink:
I am now going to start using smaller plates at home to help with portion control.

Replies

• reneejodobbs
    Options
    We went to chinese food last night. I was nervous. I love :love: chinese food. When they brought out the food (family style) they gave my 3 yr old a smaller plate. I switched plates with her. I was not able to put too much on my plate. It worked out great. I was also very proud that I did not go for seconds. I also drank a glass of water right before eating. It helped fill me. I was satisfied.:wink:
    I am now going to start using smaller plates at home to help with portion control.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I really don't think that we need a whole dinner plate full of food. I've switched to smaller plates as well.
  • bloom200
    Options
    Good for you!! The chinese food would have been a huge down for me. It was hard for me to get through Halloween with all the chocolate, I have made it through without eating one. They are still calling me but I will make it. The weekends are the hardest.
  • tdroseler
    Options
    way to go renee!!!!!!!!!!
    chineese is a killer for me as well. Couple that with the "genetic" mentality that buffets are woth the price...and i have been double whammied, lol.

Sitching plates was a marvelous idea.

I make myself remember, now...that just because it is a buffet doesn't mean they won't make a menu item. Luckily, i live in a small town, and our chinese place, they get to know thier customers. They are more than willing to make a veggie dish for me, without the sauce. They also look the other way when i steal an egg roll from my family member's plate...i can't resist those suckers, lol.

I make sure they get a christmas present evey year, just cause they are so helpful, and cheery.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great idea.
  • rissa1322
    Options
    congrats.. doesnt it feel good when you over come the temptation. like right away you are like. "why cant i eat that" but then before you go to sleep you are proud of yourself.

last night i came home and was going to make healthy pizza(wheat crust, low fat cheese, and turkey pepperoni). I walk in and my roomate ordered "bad" pizza. So instead of making mine, i had two little squares, and made a big bowl of brocolli.. it was hard..especially w the pizza in my face.. but now today i feel soo much better..

u all have helped me do this!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I love chinese food! Just reading this made me want an egg roll, then I looked up how much they were in calories and said:noway: . I've been doing this for three months and have avoided chinese food at every turn. I keep steering my hubby to applebee's because they have weightwatchers plates there. How do you know what to put in when you go to a chinese place? Do they have nutrional sheets? I would love to eat it again if I knew we could log it into here and be accurate. I have been thinking of changing the plates out at our house to something smaller. Corelle plates are really huge and when you put the proper portion on it sometimes it gets very discouraging. Depending on what we are eating sometimes I put it in a soupbowl, then it looks like I have alot lol.
  • icandoit
    Options
    I love chinese food! Just reading this made me want an egg roll, then I looked up how much they were in calories and said:noway: . I've been doing this for three months and have avoided chinese food at every turn. I keep steering my hubby to applebee's because they have weightwatchers plates there. How do you know what to put in when you go to a chinese place? Do they have nutrional sheets? I would love to eat it again if I knew we could log it into here and be accurate. I have been thinking of changing the plates out at our house to something smaller. Corelle plates are really huge and when you put the proper portion on it sometimes it gets very discouraging. Depending on what we are eating sometimes I put it in a soupbowl, then it looks like I have alot lol.

Try there confetti chicken on the weight watches menu. Very good. The fish is pretty good too.
  • Najah5150
    Options
    Congrats! This is a really good idea. I think I'm going to start doing this...at least try to.

I had a pretty hard time last night also. I went to KFC for to get their Oven Roasted Twister's. The KFC I went to was combined with Taco Bell. I ordered two Oven Roasted Twisters w/o the Pepper Mayo sauce...you know, so I could save some calories. The attendant kept asking me "is that all to complete your order?"...I kept skimming the menu...and I was about to say it..."I'd like two Baja Chalupas please"...but I didn't! Deep down inside...I was so pissed because I KNOW I wanted them BAD. But I'm glad that I didn't get them. I ended up eating one of my twister's and then the other a couple hours later. So, total...both cost me about 660 cals for dinner. I know if I would've gotten the Chalupas...I would've been pissed after I ate them.
  • icandoit
    Options
    Congrats! This is a really good idea. I think I'm going to start doing this...at least try to.

I had a pretty hard time last night also. I went to KFC for to get their Oven Roasted Twister's. The KFC I went to was combined with Taco Bell. I ordered two Oven Roasted Twisters w/o the Pepper Mayo sauce...you know, so I could save some calories. The attendant kept asking me "is that all to complete your order?"...I kept skimming the menu...and I was about to say it..."I'd like two Baja Chalupas please"...but I didn't! Deep down inside...I was so pissed because I KNOW I wanted them BAD. But I'm glad that I didn't get them. I ended up eating one of my twister's and then the other a couple hours later. So, total...both cost me about 660 cals for dinner. I know if I would've gotten the Chalupas...I would've been pissed after I ate them.

Najah5150
    Way to go. Will Power!! You got it for sure. Keep it up.