i have lost my drive!

Options
i cant seem to figure it out i had all the support, my husband, my mom, my dad, even my kids were cheering me on, but i couldnt cheer myself on. now i am back to my old routine. WORK*HOME*WORK*HOME thats all. now two months later and only 1 lbs down i feel sluggish and depressed all over again! i need help im so sick and tired of the weight but i cant seem to get back into the gym! I WANT MY DRIVE BACK!

Replies

• ashleynicoled09
    ashleynicoled09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You have sit down and ask yourself, why did you start in the first place? what is your motivation? do i want to gain those 18 lbs i just lost? i have been there. the last time i lost 17 lbs and fell off the wagon and gained it all back with a few extra. Accept the fact that you have fallen off. Be ok with it. Now you just gotta pick yourself up and go again. Remember that first day you started? Its the same, but this time, you are 18 lbs smaller. You can do it. 18 lbs down already is awesome!
  • momoftwins123
    Options
    I think its awesome that your family is standing behind you! There comes a point though where you have to become your own cheerleader and fill your mind with the positives and not negatives! Tell yourself you can do this and DO IT! If you started it before , you will do great again!
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't feel like going to the gym, could you do a DVD at home? Maybe just a change of pace but still getting some exercise in is what you need. I know when I get bored with what I am doing I tend to want to give it up so changing things up is important to me.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    I think *support* is crucial - great that you have it!

Still, it really is about "what do you really want?" If you keep doing the same thing, you are going to get the same result. Only if you do things differently can you hope/expect to have a different result.

I'm sure you don't want to be posting this same story one year from now - 5 years from now - 10 years from now!! So, accept that it is ALL UP TO YOU!!

The good news: YOU CAN DO THIS!!

The bad news: ONLY YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • Sion73
    Sion73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I find going to the success stories section on these forums motivates me when I feel a binge comming on
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Even if you're unable to push yourself to do the workouts quite yet, at least make sure you're logging on here and eating properly. You will still lose weight and can get back in the swing of things and THEN push yourself through some work outs. Find something you enjoy so it doesn't feel like a chore.

Once you start losing weight again I'm sure your motivation will return.
  • Hellguy76137
    Hellguy76137 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You have sit down and ask yourself, why did you start in the first place? what is your motivation? do i want to gain those 18 lbs i just lost? i have been there. the last time i lost 17 lbs and fell off the wagon and gained it all back with a few extra. Accept the fact that you have fallen off. Be ok with it. Now you just gotta pick yourself up and go again. Remember that first day you started? Its the same, but this time, you are 18 lbs smaller. You can do it. 18 lbs down already is awesome!

That's it! Life happens to all of us. The important thing is to get up, set yourself, and move forward. Not Monday, not tomorrow, but now. One thing that helped me is to set up some accountability. If you know that you will have to answer to someone you will likely not want to let them down. That will help you through those times when you want to quit. Eventually you get back to doing it for yourself.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    It does help to have MFP here and motivators and supporters here!!! Maybe add more friends on your list which may help!! I am sure that you will get back there!! Everyone needs a little pushing and motivation!!! You CAN DO It!!!