Starting Today!

Options
Hey guys,
So I am so tired of being tired! Right...? So I am trying this today right here right now! I am leaving the old me behind and starting NEW! I really hope to lose weight and keep it off. I am sitting at almost 200 lbs! I am not afraid to say it on here because from now on that weight is going to be going down. I really need help and support, I moved to a new place and started a new job. Meeting people has always been hard for me so I'm asking all of you to help me. If you have any advice or just want to be fitness pals I would greatly appreciate it! I have been off and on diets the yo-yo thing has stuck. But I am so wanting to do this and hope that anyone else wanting to lose will join me! Good luck to you all!
Emily

Replies

• hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    Hey Emily,
    You really are starting a new chapter in your life, think about it, new place, new job....Now a healthier you... I think we all get fed up being unhealthy and not happy. DOn't be ashamed about sharing your weight. Remember thats what your going to be losing...I got tired of yoyo dieting as well and putting more weight on..Right now a lot of my old clothes don't fit me, I gained weight. Its been less then a week eating healthy. ANd I do get discouraged not losing weight quickly. But I'm just starting and will incorporate working out soon. So we can help one another and learn things, we wern't aware of....Goodluck on this journey. :)

Tali
  • Jackiecandoit13
    Options
    Hi Emily,

I just joined and saw your post...and I'm on the same boat. I would love to be friends and be a support. I need it as well. I'm tired of being bloated. In 2010 I was 170lbs and when I got married I gained 35-40 pounds. :( It's so hard but I want to change....

-Jackie
  • Mrs_Chops
    Mrs_Chops Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Let's all be friends and support each other!

Feel free to add!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • fedupwithit
    fedupwithit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Any new members needing a friend to provide support feel free to add me :happy:
  • tanoble16
    Options
    Congrats on the courage to make all these big changes, Emily! I'm new on MFP as well, feel free to add me :)
    I get what you are trying to do... I myself need to lose about 95lbs. My last diet went well, lost 60, but then slowly and surely gained back 15 :( I'll offer whatever encouragement I can... good at giving it, just not taking my own.
    Best of luck to everyone!
  • sweetpea5377
    Options
    I'm new to MFP too... I really want to make some healthy life habits given chronic health issues in the family. i'm not looking to lose too much weight, but it's always such a struggle for me to lose anything more than 5 lbs, let alone keep it off. please add me. thanks!
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! You'll love this community, it is great—helpful tools, encouraging members. :)
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Wishing you great success:))
  • pollywaffle68
    Options
    Hi Emily, I'm new too, cant wait to start this journey, feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • jshaen
    jshaen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh I know that feeling all to well!!!! Tired all the time. Welcome aboard and good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me as friend and I will help anyway I can. Just starting out myself so I can use all the support I can get.
  • Jessadore
    Jessadore Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add! Good luck! :)
  • Tamilyn43
    Options
    OK I DELETED MY POST. HOPE I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO PUT IT UP ON THE MESSAGE BOARD. AGAIN I AM SORRY EMILY..
  • sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options
    Dang Tami, and way to hijack Emily's thread! I won't be too hard on you since you are new here. I It's good to hear both of your stories and this is a great place to start. Feel free to add me forcmutual support... That goes for anyone!
  • cushydays
    Options
    Good on you Emily. I hear you!! I am on and off eating plans, excercise too, but also sick of feeling tired and frumpy. Would love to follow your progress. Just send a friend request. :)
  • ElliePhillips1991
    Options
    Hey! Would love to be friends with you. It's always great to have people supporting you and keeping you accountable, otherwise it's hard to keep up with loosing weight on your own. :)
  • Tamilyn43
    Options
    i am sorry, i didnt mean to hijack anyones post. i was just posting where it says introduce yourself.. was i suppose to put it somewhere else?? i can delete it.. i think.. now i feel bad.. I AM SORRY EMILY..
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hi! A group I'm in is starting a new challenge on Monday, feel free to join!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/760337-yowza-for-year-end-a-new-11-week-challenge
  • ErikuhhNicole
    Options
    you have all of us here to help you. you can do it !
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am looking for new MFP friends to, I am setting short term attainable goals like "lose 10 pounds by November 7th" instead of thinking about the year or more it will take to lose 70-80 pounds.