INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hi everyone,
My name is Lisa and I just started recently with Fitness Pal. I have been yo-yo dieting like
forever it seems and I'm so tired of the same ole results, lose and then gain it back.
So I need some encouragment and from your posts I feel like I'm not the only one out there who
is struggling and I mean struggling. I work some very long hours and tend to eat unhealthy
but I am trying to change that by logging in everything I eat.. Gotta start somewhere. I was sick to stomach to find out
how many calories I was really eating in one week! So if anyone has suggestions or would like to be friends
and conquer the fat monster just email me. Maybe together, one by one we can all get healthy! Good Luck
to everyone! Kill the monster!

Lisa

Replies

• Hi my name is Deborah and I have been attending Weight Watchers since April 2010 but I have become unmotivated with the program. I still go for the support from the friends I have made there but I like the idea of My Fitness Pal because calories seem to have more of an impact on me then the point system. I find myself at restaurants always looking at the calorie count. Anyway I have lost almost 50 lbs and I can't seem to get the scale moving downward again. I know how frustrated you are with the up and down journey on the scales. Right now I lose a pount or two and then it comes right back. I am having a battle with sweets too. I can't seem to quit thinking about them. Thank goodness I don't usually act on them...but my sweet tooth is in high gear.
    Does any one else have this problem? Sometimes I feel like I would just like to eat a bunch of junk food but I know I don't feel good afterwards.
  • Some times what your hungry for isn't food or that sweet treat. Maybe somethings eating at you...like the fact that you are stuck or not progressing in your weight loss. So those cravings come in and start playing mind tricks with you. I have the same issue but it's not sweets its ALL JUNK FOOD, pizza, icecream, burgers, etc...

Your right, you won't feel good afterwards and you will have either gained weight, or not lost it. I find journaling helps. I can figure out why I'm having that craving by writing down what I am feeling. Many times it's a feeling of lack, feeling suppressed and not being able to have what I want. That may enjoy that treat for a minute, but then be loaded with guilt and regret that sets you back in your weight loss goals.

Hope that helps.
  • phyllio77
    phyllio77 Posts: 192 Member
    I am new to My Fitness Pal and I am looking for new friends to help support me in my weight loss journey. I am looking to trade tips and help with motivaiton and fitness ideas. Please add me:) --Phyllis