Diary of a Compulsive Overeater - Day 36

Options
ellelit
ellelit Posts: 806 Member
so yesterday went ok.... i was pretty discouraged about the photos from my weekend. i know i should use them as some sort of motivation, but it just ends up making me sad. anyhow, here is how yesterday went:

breakfast:
1 cup oatmeal
1 banana

snack:
1 yogurt
22 almonds with dried cranberries
mini carrots
cup of tea with splenda

lunch:
2/3 cup rice
250 g roasted pork chop
1 tbsp bbq sauce
1 banana

snack:
100 calorie pack of cookies
1 applesauce
1 mochacino with 1 tsp of sugar
2/3 large bag of chips (crappy)

supper
2/3 cup chili
1.5 cups rice

snack:
1 cup skim milk

so not too terrible, but i could have done without the bag of chips...not going to beat myself up about it. someone suggested that i recheck my weightloss goals, and i did so that i can have 2200 calories a day. (with one pound per week loss). i also went online and found menus that were 2200 calories, so it is pretty idiot proof. no guessing what to eat, no being hungry. so i am going to start that tomorrow... here is the plan for today:

breakfast:
1.5 cups of oatmeal (increasing this to stave off hunger)
1 banana

snack:
1 yogurt
22 almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries
mini carrots
tea with splenda

lunch:
2/3 cup chili
1.5 cups rice
1 banana
cucumber slices

snack:
100 cal pack of cookies
1 apple sauce
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds

supper
250g steak
1.5 cups rice
mushroom sauce

so, a good day planned out... i made a conscious effort to bring lots of healthy food with me to work so i was not craving anything throughout the day. it's not that i was hungry before, but i didn't seem to have much energy by the end of the day. i'm hoping that having some of the more structured meal plans will help me stay within the calories parameters. i like structure. here is to today :)

Replies

• ellelit
    Options
    so yesterday went ok.... i was pretty discouraged about the photos from my weekend. i know i should use them as some sort of motivation, but it just ends up making me sad. anyhow, here is how yesterday went:

breakfast:
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 banana

snack:
    1 yogurt
    22 almonds with dried cranberries
    mini carrots
    cup of tea with splenda

lunch:
    2/3 cup rice
    250 g roasted pork chop
    1 tbsp bbq sauce
    1 banana

snack:
    100 calorie pack of cookies
    1 applesauce
    1 mochacino with 1 tsp of sugar
    2/3 large bag of chips (crappy)

supper
    2/3 cup chili
    1.5 cups rice

snack:
    1 cup skim milk

so not too terrible, but i could have done without the bag of chips...not going to beat myself up about it. someone suggested that i recheck my weightloss goals, and i did so that i can have 2200 calories a day. (with one pound per week loss). i also went online and found menus that were 2200 calories, so it is pretty idiot proof. no guessing what to eat, no being hungry. so i am going to start that tomorrow... here is the plan for today:

breakfast:
    1.5 cups of oatmeal (increasing this to stave off hunger)
    1 banana

snack:
    1 yogurt
    22 almonds
    1/4 cup dried cranberries
    mini carrots
    tea with splenda

lunch:
    2/3 cup chili
    1.5 cups rice
    1 banana
    cucumber slices

snack:
    100 cal pack of cookies
    1 apple sauce
    1/2 cup of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds

supper
    250g steak
    1.5 cups rice
    mushroom sauce

so, a good day planned out... i made a conscious effort to bring lots of healthy food with me to work so i was not craving anything throughout the day. it's not that i was hungry before, but i didn't seem to have much energy by the end of the day. i'm hoping that having some of the more structured meal plans will help me stay within the calories parameters. i like structure. here is to today :)
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    If you get hungry after breakfast, my suggestion is this: Add some protein to it. Seriously, I used to be STARVING before I could even get to my morning snack which is like 2 hours later. Then I started drinking the Carnation Instant Breakfast things, (I get the no sugar added one though, less calories) and they have a pretty good amount of protein in them and it really helped. I could probably go til lunch without being too hungry if I wanted to most days.

Just a suggestion!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bravo on yesterday!!

And using negative incentive, like bad pictures, may actually lead to binges. Instead use how great you feel and how stoked you are to be pushing forward with your weight loss and your way to a better, healthier life :happy:

We're here for ya!!
    M.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    If you get hungry after breakfast, my suggestion is this: Add some protein to it. Seriously, I used to be STARVING before I could even get to my morning snack which is like 2 hours later. Then I started drinking the Carnation Instant Breakfast things, (I get the no sugar added one though, less calories) and they have a pretty good amount of protein in them and it really helped. I could probably go til lunch without being too hungry if I wanted to most days.

Just a suggestion!

Great Minds think alike!! I was going to say the same exact thing!

you need some protein to give you energy into lunch time. Try adding one egg or two egg whites on whole wheat toast and moving the banana to snack time instead.

one more thing about sugar in the morning - bananas are very high in sugar. Once you put sugar into your body it craves it for the rest of the day. Perhaps you could subsititute a fruit that is lower in sugar?

I like the beautiful blue skies behind you, but I kinda miss your smiling face! :happy:

You are a beautiful woman! :flowerforyou:
  • ellelit
    Options
    he he there is a new smiling face for you :)

i might buy some egges today to try and round out my breakfasts.. i was thinking:

1 cup oatmeal
    1 egg
    1 piece w/w toast

something like that?
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Since I've started eating eggs for breakfast I have found that I'm rarely hungry until lunch and I also tend to make better choices throughout the day. Don't know why, but it's working for me. I like an egg fried in a nonstick pan with a little salt and a lot of pepper, a slice of reduced fat cheese on a toasted Thomas Light Multigrain English muffin. It's only 220 calories for the whole sandwich so if I do get hungry I can afford to use some calories on a snack and still be in good shape for lunch.

BTW - I love this profile pic of you too. :smile:
  • sarah0426
    sarah0426 Posts: 26
    Options
    oh my word! you are SOOO pretty!!!
  • ellelit
    Options
    awww shucks :blushing:

now to get the body to match the face! he he
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    he he there is a new smiling face for you :)

i might buy some egges today to try and round out my breakfasts.. i was thinking:

1 cup oatmeal
    1 egg
    1 piece w/w toast

something like that?

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new pic! I love your glasses too, I wish I could pull them off - I look like a dork in dark frames!

and yes, that sounds like a great change - omit the sugar and add the protein, now I think you have got a plan lady!! Good luck in the morning!!!!

Can I make one more suggestion? change your morning fruit to a "crunchy" choice - apple, carrots for example, the crunch releases a hormone that will help you control cravings. There is an exact science to it, I need to go and do some research to find the link - but it works...

:heart: Tricia
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think the egg is a fine idea, but maybe make it egg beaters if you like them because they are lower in cholesterol.
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Hey there MFP'ers - If anyone is reading this in the wee early hours of the night, can you please bump so that Ellelit will read in the morning? Us East Coast members need to go and get some beauty sleep and resist the urge to be American Idol Spoilers!!!

Thanks!
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bravo on yesterday!!

And using negative incentive, like bad pictures, may actually lead to binges. Instead use how great you feel and how stoked you are to be pushing forward with your weight loss and your way to a better, healthier life :happy:

We're here for ya!!
    M.

Do you have any pictures from your wonderful day at the coast last week? That would be perfect!
  • ellelit
    Options
    the only ones i have are of me in that pur[ple shirt... totally unflattering... i tihnk i am going to stick to the face shots until my body is a bit better... thanks for all the imput ladies! going to try to new breakfast tomorrow!

also, i am going to try some peanut butter in my first snack... hopefully that will help

good night!