All I think about is food!

Options
I've noticed for about the last week in the afternoon, all I can think about is food. Not like I'm hungry, but just day dreaming about it. Thinking back to times when I remember really enjoying a certain meal. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• selzam2
    selzam2 Posts: 34
    Options
    I do this all the time, but it usually leads to eating! I find that after fixating on counting calories, exercising, etc. for so long food becomes an obsession. I have tried various "distractions" to keep my mind occupied but there seems ti be no quick fix. Sorry I can't offer actual advice!
  • brennsie
    Options
    Yes! Literally, I am so obsessed with food now. But a lot of times, the more I think about it, the more I start craving it. Even if I don't actually want the food, the calories, I still crave it. It's so annoying >:(
    What I do is go for a walk or a run, do Pilates, or paint my nails. Really anything to keep me from eating when I don't actually want to.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Yup. All i'm ever thinking about is my next meal... It sucks. I used to have food dreams when I was cutting back calories.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If your goal is 1580 calories, it's way too low! Eat more.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I think about food a lot, but more in the sense of trying to make things fit and planning my next meal. I have a very analytical mind, so numbers are right up my alley anyway. I spend an embarrassing about of time while I'm at work calculating meals out.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I used to a long time ago and quite honestly I'm wracking my brain as to how I stopped that. The only suggestion I can think of is what Mom drummed into my head as a kid "an idle mind is the devil's workshop" so keep yourself BUSY!