Best foods to boost my protein??

I just raised my percentage of calories from protein to 30%. I am finding my diet to be very carb. heavy. What are your best sources of protein?

Thanks!

Replies

• Chobani greek yogurt
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Chicken, Tuna, Pork, Beef, Ham, bacon, cheese, peanut butter.

Protein shakes after a heavy work out.
  • Christineab
    Christineab Posts: 28 Member
    Protein Foods: Chicken, Turkey, Fish, Beef, PorK, Cheese, Eggs, Milk, Yogurt (Greek is very good source), Dried Beans and Peas (kidney beans, lentils, split peas etc), Nuts and Peanut Butter (watch portion sizes since high in calories)
    Other protein sources: protein shakes, protein bars
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    I eat Brunswick Kippered Snacks- high protein, no carbs. I also have spicy pork rinds, lol. Who'da thunk you could lose weight eating pork rinds?? ;)
    Oh, also Atkins Strawberry Shakes. 15g protein, 1 carb (net) and no sugar alcohols.
    Low fat cheese
    Al Fresco Chicken Sausages
    Morningstar Grillers Prime (2 net carbs, 17 g protein, 170 cal)
    These are all my go to foods.

We have nut allergies in our home, so instead of PB we have Sunbutter. I like it MUCH more than PB anyway!! However, I have given up the Sunbutter for a bit, because I do love it so much, and it is calorie dense. I could sit and eat a whole jar... 2T is just not enough!! lol
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Protein Foods: Chicken, Turkey, Fish, Beef, PorK, Cheese, Eggs, Milk, Yogurt (Greek is very good source), Dried Beans and Peas (kidney beans, lentils, split peas etc), Nuts and Peanut Butter (watch portion sizes since high in calories)
    Other protein sources: protein shakes, protein bars

YES, EGGS!
    Try to get farm fresh if you can, not store bought. FF are SO much healthier, and taste MUCH better.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Greek yogurt
    shrimp
  • sscad
    sscad Posts: 73 Member
    My go to proteins are chicken and fish, especially tuna. Have you ever put canned tuna in with your eggs? Most people I've mentioned that to cringed, but it's actually one of my favorite meals! I usually mix an egg with a few egg whites with some spinach and onion, throw it on the skillet, add the tuna (I use an entire can) on top over one half, and fold the other half over, flip it a few times to finish cooking and viola! Fast, easy, and around 43g protein.

Also egg whites are awesome- they are seriously just pure protein that quickly adds up...I usually mix mine with regular eggs and oatmeal!