Lean cusinse, Smart one meals, and other premade diet meals?

Options
Does anyone eat these on their diets?

I had a Smart one's last night and i was suprised that it actually tasted good. I wasnt full untill a little bit later but it was still really good.

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    They're usually OK minus the sodium.
  • Yummamamma
    Yummamamma Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few. I worry about the sodium and preservatives. On a few occasions I have made my own healthy meals, divided them up and froze them into single portions. I had a freezer full after one straight day of cooking. Its the best thing ever really, a yummy dinner with NO clean up!!
  • VixianKit
    VixianKit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few. I worry about the sodium and preservatives. On a few occasions I have made my own healthy meals, divided them up and froze them into single portions. I had a freezer full after one straight day of cooking. Its the best thing ever really, a yummy dinner with NO clean up!!

I didnt think about the sodium or stuff like that. But they are cheap and normally my mom and i cant afford much food and things like that becomes very hard to do
  • ashleynicoled09
    ashleynicoled09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been eating lean cuisines. I have found that they are all good, but they do have a good amount of sodium. I dont eat them everyday, but if i do, i try to limit my sodium intake on my other meals. Also if you are worried about your sodium intake, you can change your settings on your diary to have your sodium intake counted as well.
  • pamperedpenguin
    pamperedpenguin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love the smart ones Santa Fe rice but I've had to stop eating pre made meals because I'm really watching my sodium, and as others have mentioned they are pretty high in that.
    Buy if sodium isn't a concern for you then I think the pre made meals are an excellent tool.
    Especially after a hard day they are better then running out to McDonalds!
  • womaninashoe6
    Options
    I have found them helpful for lunches when I am having to really pull it in with my calories. I'm trying to keep lunch at about 300 calories and that is about what most of the meals are. I don't have to think about my portion size and calorie counting. It is all done for me. Lunch time for me is crazy so it is one less thing I have to think about. I do not however plan on using them long term, but for now I find them to be a useful tool.