need motivation and support

Options
i need all the motivation and support i can get!!! More friends

Replies

• terridanskin
    Options
    I also could use some motivation somedays are worse then others..I get hungry and fight to eat, counting calories when I just want to eat..working out is stressful by the time I get home and cook dinner, shower, homework I am too tired to workout and I get up at 4:30 in the morning wake everyone up at 5 and I am out the door by 5:45 so morning is out. I do crunches in the back of my bus when I have breaks but darn it it just isnt coming off like i want it too..Got any thoughts? Thanks for reading this anyway:sad:
  • jllove871
    jllove871 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I also could use some motivation somedays are worse then others..I get hungry and fight to eat, counting calories when I just want to eat..working out is stressful by the time I get home and cook dinner, shower, homework I am too tired to workout and I get up at 4:30 in the morning wake everyone up at 5 and I am out the door by 5:45 so morning is out. I do crunches in the back of my bus when I have breaks but darn it it just isnt coming off like i want it too..Got any thoughts? Thanks for reading this anyway:sad:

Any chance you can climb stairs or get in a quick walk to exercise and destress? Keep healthy snacks on hand at all times, an apple, a bag of celery, peanuts or any other low cal portable goodie you like. I feel for you and wish you luck! and by the way Congratulations on the 21 lbs! :wink:
  • jllove871
    jllove871 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You ladies can friend me, alot of the people I talk to are very supportive and I love giving Kudos!
  • farmergayle
    Options
    On day 4 of my journey. You can do it. Just take one minute at a time. Just know someone was thinking about you. We can do this!
  • lindafjohnson
    Options
    I also wish I could help. I just started a month ago. I hate to exercise and I have a treadmill but I have found with this website that if I don't go over my goal I don't have to exercise. I am determined not to push it too fast. If u lose 2 lbs a wk that is excellent according to the health people lol. I am so busy during the day at work I'm not interested in food but at night it gets hard. I try not to eat many calories during the day and save mine for supper and then I am satisfied and don't feel the urge to snack. If u r hungry and not just bored or something u should eat. If u starve yourself it wont work. Try to make a list of healthy snacks u can have during the day to ward off hunger. My problem is I don't like fruit and most veggies which is good for u or yogurt. I eat a kashi granola bar with my coffee on the run in the morning and have been eating salads for lunch but that is getting old so I am swithching over to a turkey sandwich tomor. I want to learn how to eat to live not live to eat which is soooo hard. Good luck
  • NickiRae04
    NickiRae04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
  • homegirl614
    homegirl614 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, we all need some extra motivation and support
  • lrtoland
    Options

Hi there:) I don't know if you like hot tea, but I've found that green tea really helps me to curb my appetite. Also, not having any sweet snacks in the house to "cheat" on!! Hope that helps a bit!!
  • DesertDreamz
    DesertDreamz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this site. Some online girl friends and I have been using the tools here and loving every minute of our newfound support system. We all are internet junkies who met up playing online games a few years ago and now have started paying attention to our fitness together (with others). Feel free to add me. I have a lot farther to go than most, but even a little daily progress is PROGRESS!!! Let's stick together, eating healthy and exercising!
  • agnesbgooch
    Options
    I'm very lucky to have a treadmill in the garage that was given to me. I walk just under 4 miles every day, that's been helping A LOT! I don't always feel like doing it, in fact some mornings I dread it. Then I say this to myself . . . . if you don't feel like exercising, that means you don't feel like losing weight. I've made excuses for years not to exercise and now that I'm about to be 48 after being overweight for the last 20, it's time. It's MY time!! I don't know if it's feasible or you have a spot for one, but look on Craig's List or see if your town has a 2nd hand exercise equipment store. People are always quitting exercising, you might be able to pick one up for a reasonable price. If not, walking the sidewalk is free! I like the treadmill because I know how fast I'm going, how far and how many calories I'm burning. I read and listen to music, that helps the time go by. I also used to do Jazzercise which I LOVED, but here the class starts at 5 am, and is only 2 days a week. Zumba is also fun. OK, now I'm just yammering. Support is key, and then of course seeing the weight come off is fantastic. I've lost 20 lbs in less than 2 months, I'm 1/4 of the way to my goal. You can do this!!
  • momxs5
    momxs5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really felt the need to reply to you Terri. I have struggled with weight issues all my life and it wasn't until now that I finally feel I have a handle on it. I am the mother of five, cared for aging parents and pretty much took care of everyone but myself. I ran into some friends who had recently lost a significant amount of weight. One of them gave me the "magic formula" that worked for me...she said she was giving herself two years to lose the weight. It finally dawned on me that taking the weight off slowly was the only way to change your eating habits and your lifestyle..which is the ONLY way the weight will stay off. Give yourself time to change...even if you only lose 1/2# per week that's over 25 pounds you won't have to carry around again...as for the exercise don't think you have to "work out" like a maniac to lose weight. I lost the first 75# by just walking every day...it also gave me the time to think about the changes I wanted to make and how to make them permanent. You said you wake everyone up in the morning...are they small children?...could you take some time for yourself in the evening...even 30 minutes would help...when you feel good about moving and exercising..it makes food choices a little easier...most of the time :) Please post and let me know how you are doing....I would love if you would friend me..maybe just talking to someone who has "been there" would help...oh by the way...my five year journey has led me to a 102# loss...and I will NEVER be that unhealthy again...you are much stronger than you know...you just need to believe in your inner strength...hope to hear from you :smile:
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I want to WELCOME the New MFPs to the site.. It's a great site.. You and anyone here can add me if you want.. :drinker:
  • dcaraballo78
    Options
    :ohwell: Yea do, i count calories all day! deprived myself of hardees wendys and taco bell,what i wd do to eat fries and a fried cjicken bacon burger and ice cream or chocalate. i subsitute chocalate w silk light, ice cream for nonfat yogurt,snacks for 80 cal granula bars. I tryto walk every night after dinner, eat salads for lunch but try to make it as tasty as possible. Yet I still manage to go over, still manage to gain the little I do lose. I feel like a yoyo! Never mind pms it all goes down hill from there. I'm hungry al the time. Granted I do cheat from time to time. I can have only so much control...By the ay I work on my feet all day as a dental assistant, so I add it asslow walking, can I do that? Will it count? I also do strength training but it doesn't add off the cals when I submit it so what's up w that? Any who any ideas or suggestions I'm all for it
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.you've made the first step by joining this sight!!!!!You can do this 1 lb @ a time.I started 7 months ago and i LOVE<LOVE<LOVE it!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • lrtoland
    Options
    I need some friends too:) I just joined!!! Feel free to add me if you want!