Women - 5'1, How many calories are you eating daily?

Options
I am curious as to how many calories women 5'1, like myself, are eating in a day, and losing weight.

Thank you for your replies.

Replies

• kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My goal is set to 1300. So on non-workout days I eat 1300 maybe a little less and on workout days I eat back most of my exercise calories. So that make my calories between 1200 and 1800 (not counting cheat days). I've lost 5 pounds in 50 days and I'm not far from my goal so I think that's pretty good.

I'm 35 and at 132 currently if that matters.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I try sticking to 1300-1500 calories a day x
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    1450 without working out.
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and l eat around 1400 calories per day. I do not eat back my exercise calories, but if l go over a bit l do not care. And so far l have loss 54lbs
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1- I stick to 1350. 1200 is not enough. 1350 is sufficient to where i'm not starving.

I do not eat back my workout calories.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    5'0" I eat around 1200-1300. I've lost 40 pounds so far. I don't care if I go over sometimes!
  • MamaBryan
    Options
    I eat 1200 a day, sometimes I eat back the extra calories burned off, sometimes I don't.
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    1300 is my magic number. I'm a little older than you so I watch the starchy carbs and eat lots of fruits & vegis. I also try to stick to just fish/chicken/beans for my protein and get at least 30-35 grams of fiber. It is really tough being on the petite side as 1 ounce shows up on us like 10 pounds!.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have my goal set at 1200 but some days I need more. If I am under 1400 I consider it a successful day.
  • Antonella64
    Options
    around 1200 even with my active lifestyle i dont eat back my cals. i think it depends also on age and weight you start at im almost at goal now so its harder . but i vary on the weekend and that helps to confuse my body into another drop
  • flirtingwithforty
    flirtingwithforty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I'm around 1300 calories a day. I try not to eat more than that when I work out but sometimes will indulge. I have been losing by sticking to this.
  • enid42
    enid42 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have my goal set at 1700. That was the number in the middle of low activity and moderate activity on the TDEE calculator (minus 25%, of course). On days where I just walk the dog, I eat on the lower end around 1550 and on gym days, I eat the full 1700.

I'm trying to establish new habits concerning proper portion amounts and healthier eating and not focusing on how fast I lose the weight. According to the scale, I've lost 5lbs in 45 days but there's a bigger difference in how my clothes are fitting. I had to dig out a smaller size of jeans today. I'm lifting weights about a third of my workout time to build more muscle, since that will help me keep the weight off.

((info: exactly 5 feet, 170lbs and 41 years old)
  • sandrakarinab
    sandrakarinab Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    1100cals keeps me right on the brink. I eat into my excercise calories only if I feel the need. I accept that somedays I'll be especially hungry so may be well over target. I've averaged 2 kg loss per month since the start of year, reaching the top end of my "normal" weight range last month. The steady, noticeable loss has kept me motivated, although everyday is still a struggle to be good.
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and eat between 1400 and 1800 calories a day. I'm training for a figure competition so I'm trying to lose fat while gaining muscle. I've dropped a half a pound in the past 3 months - lost 1 lb fat and gained .5 lb muscle :)
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    Wow! THANKS EVERYONE!! <3
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2... but similar :p I'm at 1650 on the days I don't work out, around 1800-1900 when I do. This is based on my BMR that was measured when I saw a nutritionist and got hooked up to a crazy machine haha.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I do 1200 at sedentary. I have my fitbit and log all exercise using a hrm. I eat back most of my exercise calories most of the time. So it depends on how active I am.

I'm 5'2" btw...
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and I just upped my calories from 1200 to 1400.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    1250... but low carb
  • foxycaramel
    foxycaramel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and my calorie intake is 1200-1300 a day. I have maintained my current weight but I am struggling to loose the last 10 pounds though.