I have stopped losing weight... why?

Options
I am 5'3 and started out at 130 pounds. I knew I was starting to get chubby so decided to start exercising daily. I began with 30 minutes on elliptical but that just wasn't cutting it. Then I ramped it up to a full hour on elliptical about a month ago. I burn 600-700 calories per workout (usually 700-710 lately). I am down to 111 now. My lowest was 110 but then I started my period 2 days after I reached that milestone and put on about 6 pounds even though I didn't change up my eating patterns.. water weight I guess. It has been 4 days since my period ended and I'm still not back to 110 and as I have said my diet has not changed. Check my food diary to see what I'm eating every day. I eat the same every day.

So I burn 700 calories 5 days a week (can not exercise Monday or Thursday) and I eat the same amount of calories every day (about 1,100 according to food diary). Can anyone offer ideas for why I've seemed to stop losing? Thank you in advance.
PS: My goal is 105... that is what I was before i gained up to 130 and I was as healthy as can be back then.

Link to my food diary... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/stines72

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Change your settings-- right now your diary is private. Are you saying you're only netting 500 calories?
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Whoops... sorry. It should be public now! - also not sure how much I'm netting.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You don't really have enough days logged to be able to help. But it doesn't really sound like you have much, if anything, to lose. I'm 5'4" and my goal is 135. Maybe talk to your doctor about whether you need to lose any more. In the meantime focus on being healthy. Net 1200 (that means your total at the end of the day plus your exercise calories), strength train to build muscle. Be patient.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    You are exercising way too much and eating too little.
  • stines72
    Options
    Okay thank you amberlangelon. I'll stick around for a while and make sure to log my meals and exercise and see if things change. If not - you shall see me again :)

PS again: I forgot to add that I do quite a bit of strength training and weights as well.
  • alexsmith1993
    alexsmith1993 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cut carb intake, increase protein.
  • stines72
    Options
    Thanks alexsmith1993. I def. need to eat more protein. I'll try to start eating more protein.