Going out for lunch- help please!

Options
Hi everyone
It is my brother's 21st tomorrow and we're going out for lunch
This is the menu
http://www.furnacebar.co.nz/menus/lunch
What do you think would be the healthiest thing on there. I know portion sizes are important but just at face value what would you recommend?

I'm leaning towards lamb open sandwich (though the foccacia bread will bump it up)
And yes I'm going to have a good time anyway no matter what i order =) but thought it would be interesting to see

Replies

• docsharon
    docsharon Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would probably order the soup of the day if it was a consome or vegetable based soup and order the chicken breast open sandwich and tell them to hold the foccacia bread. Alternatively I might order the vegetable salad served with the dressing on the side.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Eggs Benedict - says instead of bacon, you could have smoked salmon for 3 bucks.
    That, or vegi salad with dressing on the side.
    Honestly, I don't know what a lot of the sauces are.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    seafood spaghetti right now. Tomorrow might be different...lol
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I agree on eggs benedict, however, I would also ask for the sauce on the side. Then do the "dip fork" method, or just use very little of it. If you don't like eggs benedict, you might be able to get the eggs and bacon with salmon instead of bacon. Why not?

The thai beef salad wouldn't be bad, if you said no Asian mayonnaise. Or the lamb salad, but I THINK lamb is high in fat? I don't have any idea, I'm a vegetarian lol.
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The Thai beef salad sounds good.
  • wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    Chicken Fettuccine eat half for lunch and the other half for dinner! Enjoy the celebration and tell him wanda9501 said Happy Legal Day!
  • siralex0014
    Options
    I have to say I love the idea of the Lamb Fillet open sandwich but I know that wouldn't be the lowest calorie chose, lol. I'd probably go with the Lamb Salad myself with the honey mustard vinaigrette on the side.
  • hadley1998
    hadley1998 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would probably order the Lamb salad- MINUS the honey mustard vinegrette, and just bring your own low cal salad dressing with you.This salad seems straight forward OR The fish of the day-requesting that they pan sear it dry(I've done it before) taste just as good as it would if they were using a ton of oil. OR The furnace pizza or Poppas pizza-eating only two slices, SAVE the rest for later or another day and add a small salad. remember your dressing. I hope this helps!! enjoy your lunch!!
    :smile: