new here

Options
Just starting this and excited and intimidated too! Need to lose 20-30 lbs and want to do it the right way. Want to cut carbs, sugars, processed stuff, but I am not very creative in the kitchen and am on a tight budget, but love to cook and bake! And eat ;-) After having my daughter I did not lose the weight quickly and am still pretty high at 190. I have done some diets before but just dont' like counting calories, but I know sometimes to get these last stubborn lbs off the time is NOW to be vigilant and disciplined. I need to buy new clothes, but want to lose some weight first before investing. excited to find this community online!!

Replies

• siralex0014
    Options
    I hope you find success here. I think I have say, sadly the best advice I have to give is simple perseverance and counting calories. I have to say I also love to cook and bake. One of the great ways to cut calories in baked goods that I have only just learned is the using of applesauce instead of oil!! I think it tastes the same too. One of the cheap ways to make a quick meal is the hamburger helpers boxed meals and the like. I make mine with only about a 1/4 lb of hamburger and it cuts the calories by a lot. In general if you like pasta a lot of the boxed meals are great, at about $3 a box you get a meal for the whole family. Also, DON'T buy new clothes if you have any plans of trying to change your weight it really is a waste of money. Me,for example, all of my clothes right now don't fit at all, most of my jeans will fall off if I don't have a belt on but i really hope to lose more so I am waiting until I stop dieting before I start a new wardrobe. I hope I have been helpful!!
  • justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you like. Sounds like I struggle with the same kinds of things. I'm a mom of three and I am also trying to cut out all of the processed stuff. And I'm also on a tight budget, which I struggle to keep--blah! I love to cook things from scratch, but I often run out of time to actually do that. It's a balancing act, and I do what I can. The calorie counting can be hard. I will say that I have been surprised and amazed by all of the supportive friends I have found here. And that has been a great motivation for me! It makes me even want to keep counting the calories. It also helps to find friends who have an open food journal--can give you great ideas! Good luck on your journey!:)