Best place to buy an HRM

Options
zyxst
zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
I have access to a credit card with the stipulation that I use it only to purchase an HRM. I've picked out 2 that have what I want and am looking for the cheapest place to buy one of them.

My first stop is Bodytronics which sell the Timex 5G971 for $59.95 and the Polar FT4 for $61.88. The Timex sells a bit cheaper on Amazon, but the Polar is more expensive. Are there any other sites I should check before buying?

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    from what i've read here, amazon was best. curious to see what others think. why did you select those two hrm?
  • ketodeb
    ketodeb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I got my Timex HRM with chest strap at WalMart for 55ish dollars. The best part about WalMart is the 90 day (with receipt!) mostly no questions asked return policy. Definitely save the receipt though, because without it you'd have to use your govt issued ID to return it, and then it'd have to go on a gift card (I used to work there, lol).
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    from what i've read here, amazon was best. curious to see what others think. why did you select those two hrm?

I narrowed it to those 2 because they have the basics of what I need, nothing overly fancy, and are decently priced. I am leaning more toward the Timex because of the battery changing and brand trust. Polar is popular on here and when I mucked things up, I could probably get help fixing it.
  • mdorsey2010
    Options
    Cheapest around is www.heartratemonitorsusa.com

I have the Polar FT4 and it si a gamechanger for sure! ;)
  • OlsenG318
    Options
    Changing batteries on the Polar HRM's is very simple. Don't let that sway your decision away from an awesome company. Amazon had the best price on the FT7 I purchased.