Recipe Question

Options
Hello! I am new here. If I am using a recipe for dinner do I just post the calories or do I have to add the carbs, fats, etc? I guess I am still in weigh watchers mode! Can someone explain how I do this. Thanks!

Replies

• jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Hello! I am new here. If I am using a recipe for dinner do I just post the calories or do I have to add the carbs, fats, etc? I guess I am still in weigh watchers mode! Can someone explain how I do this. Thanks!

Welcome!

You enter the measurements of your ingredients and MFP will do the rest.
  • Lisko73
    Options
    Thank you! I need to figure this out lol.
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This is when I LOVE the bar code scanner on my phone MFP app.
  • RunAlyndaRun
    RunAlyndaRun Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This is when I LOVE the bar code scanner on my phone MFP app.

agreed!
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    what?!? bar code scanner, i need to go exploring in the app, never noticed it before
  • Nicolelovestocook
    Options

I came here from Weight Watchers also. Took a little bit of adjusting and my weight has been plateaued for awhile. But WW became too expensive for me to afford.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Go under food tab to recipes. Enter how many servings and then list each ingredient . The site will calculate the calories per serving. After you enter it all and it is saved, then "add to diary" appears. Click on it.
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    what?!? bar code scanner, i need to go exploring in the app, never noticed it before
    On your phone app (or at least in the Android app), when you click add something to your diary, right next to the empty text bar with the magnifying glass there's a little bar code icon in a blue box. Click on that and it opens the bar code scanner. It's not the best bar code scanner I've ever used (it takes it a little while to read the item), but it is certainly awesome and very helpful when putting together recipes.