WTF Is Wrong With Me?

Have any of you had a problem with eating so much so often?

I seem to eat for any occasion and I am never full. I dunno what's wrong with me to make me feel like I have to eat all day. My SO said I act pregnant, but I know I am not. All I think about is food and the more I ignore the craving or urge to eat, the worse it gets. What could be causing me to eat so much so often?

Replies

• FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    I had this a couple of days ago

it was almost definitely a combination of too much pure sugar that day and the yeast in the muffins i baked

it turned me into a heroin addict for food!

I would try and cut the sugar you are eating, especially early on in the day and if you are having cakes or bread reduce them so you are ingesting less yeast.
  • IrishDaveRed
    IrishDaveRed Posts: 36 Member
    Reduce carbs? Drink more water?
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    I used to be like that most days. I cut sugar (except from pieces of fruit) out of my diet as much as I could, and within a couple of weeks that horrible "hungry hippo" feeling was gone - I don't get like that at all now... It used to drive me nuts constantly looking for something to fulfill a craving, so glad I don't have to deal with it now. The only downside is that now if I eat something with sugar in it, I get a massive sugar hangover - horrid headache and feel like crap!
  • rohitvgfit
    rohitvgfit Posts: 8 Member
    Nothings wrong... See if you can drink water when ever you feel hungry or feel the craving. You can try green tea (Without honey or sugar when you get such cravings. You can try negative caolrie fruits like apples, guava etc they would be filling, give you good vitamins and minerals and not add too many calories.

Try a system of positive and negative reinforcements - Give yourself positive reinforcements whenever you beat your cravings 5 times in a row. Do something that you like or buy something you like or you can give yourself extra internet or TV time if you beat the cravings.
    Similarly whenever you are not able to beat the cravings - give yourself a negative reinforcement. Do something you dont like (Except eating!!). Dont watch your fav TV program or dont go on the internet as a punishment.
    These things can help you phycially and mentally to overcome the cravings.
    All the best and cheers
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Have any of you had a problem with eating so much so often?

I seem to eat for any occasion and I am never full. I dunno what's wrong with me to make me feel like I have to eat all day. My SO said I act pregnant, but I know I am not. All I think about is food and the more I ignore the craving or urge to eat, the worse it gets. What could be causing me to eat so much so often?

One other thing to consider may be how active you are, maybe you're burning all those calories and your body is telling you it still needs more. Especially if you're participating in some form of intense exercise regimen
  • HappyandToned
    HappyandToned Posts: 49 Member
    Maybe get some blood tests done. Your hormones could be out of whack.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    all junk food is almost designed to make you want more. None of it encourages satiety (the full feeling) they are all empty calories that seem like eating air because of the lack of fibre, the high salt and sugar content etc. avoid processed foods and eat more natural foods, more veges, wholemeal grains and breads etc fruit and you will feel more satisfied.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    all junk food is almost designed to make you want more. None of it encourages satiety (the full feeling) they are all empty calories that seem like eating air because of the lack of fibre, the high salt and sugar content etc. avoid processed foods and eat more natural foods, more veges, wholemeal grains and breads etc fruit and you will feel more satisfied.

So true for me!
  • Marvi120
    Marvi120 Posts: 24 Member
    I find eating foods high in protein cuts down on my cravings, e.g. eggs, salmon, peanut butter, chicken, nuts, beans, protein shakes.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    I am a diabetic and as I have learned, when your blood sugar is high you crave food. I have found that drinking a the GNC whey isolate 60 (chocolate) shake is a great way to fend off my sweet tooth and keep my blood sugar under control. Protein will help prevent the spikes in blood sugar which cause you to feel hungry. Also keep in mind that natural sugars are better for you than the refined sugars so eating an orange, banana apple may assist you as well.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    I do this nearly everyday! Once I start eating, I find it incredibly difficult to stop. There are even some days (last night was one) where I eat until I'm uncomfortably full.....then have another bowl of cereal lol.

Reasons I do it (I think):
    1. I'm bored! There's nothing to do, it's seven pm. The kids are fed and playing, the house is clean and I'm sitting around with absolutely nothing to do.....so I have a "snack" .....and another and another. Trying to fill time.

2. I'm stressed out/depressed. Yesterday my son was sick, it was a LONG day! So when he was finally feeling better, I "rewarded" myself for getting through the day.

3. I'm tired! Lack of sleep ALWAYS makes me hit the pantry! My three year old son (who was sick) was also up pretty much all night the night before last. Crying and tossing and turning in my bed. So I turned to food in the morning.

So you see, it's not always a carb/sugar addiction that's making you want to eat (although those reasons are real, and some people really do have to limit those macros!). Alot, if not all, of the reasons I eat are purely psychological. So most days when I'm "hungry" I really have to ask myself if I'm actually hungry or if I've got something else going on.....then fight like hell to avoid food! Lol.

Good luck on your journey!
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Nothings wrong... See if you can drink water when ever you feel hungry or feel the craving. You can try green tea (Without honey or sugar when you get such cravings. You can try negative caolrie fruits like apples, guava etc they would be filling, give you good vitamins and minerals and not add too many calories.

Try a system of positive and negative reinforcements - Give yourself positive reinforcements whenever you beat your cravings 5 times in a row. Do something that you like or buy something you like or you can give yourself extra internet or TV time if you beat the cravings.
    Similarly whenever you are not able to beat the cravings - give yourself a negative reinforcement. Do something you dont like (Except eating!!). Dont watch your fav TV program or dont go on the internet as a punishment.
    These things can help you phycially and mentally to overcome the cravings.
    All the best and cheers

Thanks. I am a green tea freak, I love it. I will admit I haven't been drinking water or tea for a while. I am going to start in the morning when I wake up. I am going to cut out the bad food and go for healthy alternatives.
  • frogz21
    I am a diabetic and as I have learned, when your blood sugar is high you crave food. I have found that drinking a the GNC whey isolate 60 (chocolate) shake is a great way to fend off my sweet tooth and keep my blood sugar under control. Protein will help prevent the spikes in blood sugar which cause you to feel hungry. Also keep in mind that natural sugars are better for you than the refined sugars so eating an orange, banana apple may assist you as well.

I need to be checked to see if I am diabetic, it runs in my family.
  • frogz21

Makes perfect sense.
    Thanks!
  • Try and eat more protein rich food and less sugar. Hope it helps!