Bad day...over ate/drank...

Options
I feel horrible. I wasn't able to go to the grocer today, which means I couldn't buy healthy food or anything. I ended up eating a bunch of junk and even drank some whiskey with friends. Arrggh.

It's a new day tomorrow, I am getting back on track. No more than 1200 calories. Going to burn as many as I can!

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Most of us have 'bad' days....just get back on track :smile:
  • cullyn
    cullyn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Same! I went out for dinner last night and skipped training....resulting in me being over my daily calories by over 800! So annoyed at myself now, but at the same time it was nice to have a break! I have only been on the Insanity program for 2 weeks, but it eats up all my free time in the evenings. Even though I ruined my whole day yesterday...I can't decide whether it was worth it. Probably not.
  • madblondebint
    madblondebint Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We all need a day off every now and then, don't beat yourself up about it. As you say, tomorrow is another day.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've decided I am going to work extra hard. In two weeks, if I keep up with eating 1200 calories a day and burning at least 500, I will see results.

I am starting the Richard Simmons "sweating to the oldies" tomorrow. I'll burn around 250 calories a workout - not a ton, but it's a good start.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Go go go go!!!!!! :smile:
  • samigirl1975
    samigirl1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It's only normal, we all have our days off!! I have the day off on Tuesdays, but I do try to watch what I am eating and not going over... My calorie intake is 1700 a day.... It's ok if we go to the 2500 as long as we exercise 3 times a week for 30 mins, it's ok.. even if it's not 30 mins all at once... We are not perfect. :D Tomorrow is a new fresh day!! Best of luck!! :)
  • Jenat12
    Options
    I'll admit on weekends I have the tendency to eat fried, greasy nasty food and sugary drinks. and alcohol. (mmm.. BEER) BUT, I do it so M-F I am so grossed out by what I ate over the weekend that I feel very confident and motivated to eat my healthy veggies and protein shakes! You had a "bad day" but tomorrow is a new start. Focus on being the best you possible tomorrow! And just remember... You can't live the rest of your life without the foods you love. That's just setting yourself up for failure! Everything is ok in moderation =)
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) Feeling betters thanks to all the kind words! <3
  • cheekykiwi2
    Options
    i seem to be having more bad days then good and ive only started back on this journey but tommorow is a new day :)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I've decided I am going to work extra hard. In two weeks, if I keep up with eating 1200 calories a day and burning at least 500, I will see results.

I am starting the Richard Simmons "sweating to the oldies" tomorrow. I'll burn around 250 calories a workout - not a ton, but it's a good start.
    You need to eat more.

1200 - 500 (burned via exercise) = 700 total for body functions. My cat requires more calories than that. Sure, you will see "weight" loss, then you will stall.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    DONT BEAT YOURSELF UP> Guilt is a powerful emotion that can lead to overeating. You have never fallen far enough that you cannot continue with healthy eating. Never give up. Fat loss is NOT a blanket protocol, it is a process that you must keep tweeking to help you achieve YOUR goals.Everyone is different. Keeping a journal is a great was to keep track of your energy levels, mood, sleep patterns, and cravings. By adjusting your calories and what you eat(what foods your cals come from), you can fine tune your diet to allow you to still lose weight but have the energy and good mood to power through your day. Good luck !!! xx