What size of pants to wear when you're "in between" sizes

Options
As I'm losing weight I'm needing to go down in clothes sizes. My problem is my bigger size of pants are very baggy in the waist and butt, but the next size down is a little snug. What do you think looks better on someone, clothes that are droopy and too big and or little on the snug side?

Replies

• kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    deffo on the snug! then you get the inspiration of not wanting them to be too tight as well :-) xx
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    deffo on the snug! then you get the inspiration of not wanting them to be too tight as well :-) xx

I agree with this! I use my skinny jeans which I can actually put on, though they're a bit snug, as motivation to make them fit perfect!
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Definitely the snug pair. Wearing clothes that are way too big makes you look bigger!
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'd wear the bigger ones, nothing makes me feel fatter than trousers that give me a muffin top!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i go with baggy. sorry but tight fitting clothes that are too small looks tacky. i'd rather look a size bigger than look tacky looking like i'm going to bust out of my clothes
  • cblevitron
    Options
    bigger pants, with a belt.
  • Melolicious
    Melolicious Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There is something really funky between size 16 regular size to 18 plus to 20 plus - I swear there is 2 regular sizes wthin each size gap. If you are caught in that vortex, I'd say stick with the bigger size until you can get into the other. The lower sizes don't seem to have that weird size gap so go for the snugger pair if you are 14 and under.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing 'too big' pants to work for about 6wks, I finally purchased the next size down (that fit perfectly), and I got about 10 comments on my weight loss the first day I wore them.
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I prefer to wear the bigger ones: way more comfy and they don't make me feel bad if I am a little bloated because of my period.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    To me, it depends on where you're going. If you're talking about wearing them to work, I'd go with loose fitting over snug. Loose might look a little sloppy, but tight pants aren't appropriate in the work place.

Otherwise, I'd say go with the snug fitting pair if you're comfortable with how you look and feel in them.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    If you're buying the snug ones. But stick wih the bigger size until the big size is too baggy
  • wendyjane75
    wendyjane75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's right where I am
  • wendyjane75
    wendyjane75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There is something really funky between size 16 regular size to 18 plus to 20 plus - I swear there is 2 regular sizes wthin each size gap. If you are caught in that vortex, I'd say stick with the bigger size until you can get into the other. The lower sizes don't seem to have that weird size gap so go for the snugger pair if you are 14 and under.

That "zone" is right where I am
  • gottaluvya
    Options
    I have always held on to my bigger pants for dear life. I mean, that's what belts are for! hehehe I want to be comfy in clothes. I don't want them to be snug, especially if I am going to be sitting for a bit. Besides, I am cheap...I wait till I absolutely HAVE to buy something new. When I do go buy new stuff, I also tend to try on the next size down too, to give me a gauge as to how much further I need to go to get there. Except in workout gear...can't run/jump/kickbox, etc. in pants that are too big!!

I have also learned that even tho i wear one size from one particular store/brand, I may not be able to fit into the same size somewhere else. Or that, say, a 16 is smaller than a 16W. WHY?? kinda makes shopping a bit hard, hence more dislike for it (aside from the spending money thing lol). But, I need to have some "real" clothes in my closet. Can't go EVERYWHERE in my workout gear!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'd wear the bigger ones, nothing makes me feel fatter than trousers that give me a muffin top!

This. I *hate* muffin tops and it makes me feel fat wearing pants that are too small!
  • smichelus622
    smichelus622 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Always that smaller size. it helps remind you not to have that cupcake, drink more water and keep moving.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm in between too right now and I'm all about the loose clothing. I need to feel comfortable and I don't wanna walk around feeling like I can't breathe.
  • emilygh1974
    emilygh1974 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Tighter for me! And to save money in between I'm shopping at thrift stores!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I wear the same pants until I can pull them on or off without unbuttoning or unzipping. Then I go shopping for pants that fit properly, not snugly. It's a chore. There are days when I tried on a dozen pair of jeans and came home with nothing.
  • LeidaPrimal
    LeidaPrimal Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Snug. It's motivating. Baggy is wrong on so many levels.