Not reaching my calorie goal

Options
My calorie goal is set to 1200. Most days I seem to be 1-200 calories under, and thats after Ive already eaten when Im not feeling the need to anymore. Everyday I find myself looking at my calories remaining and thinking holy crap, thats still alot left, Im not that hungry. I know its probably because Ive been eating healthier foods instead that are filling me up more... Im sure I could pig out on junk food all day if I wanted... But would it be fine if on those days that Im just not hungry anymore to not worry about fitting in the 1 or 2 hundred calories left? I then always get that warning that I'll put my body in starvation mode or might hinder my weight loss.

Replies

• Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    What are your days previous/afterwards?

I feel that sometimes the days I'm not hungry it's because I ate more the day before, or if I don't eat much on a certain day I'm always hungrier the next.

How does your diary look over the week? It may average itself out.

If you're worried about eating too little try to incorporate some healthy fats into your diet ie olive oil, avocado and see how you go.

Good luck :)
  • tash56
    tash56 Posts: 4
    Options
    hi, you could try and eat higher calories foods such as avocado.. a day here and there of lower than 1200 calories is OK, but don't make it consecutive days, thats when your body freaks out!
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Oh I think you'll get a few responses here! If I'm not hungry I won't eat, in saying that if I'm starving and all ready over I won't eat much
  • ShadosLady
    Options
    I would be happy to have those calories left, yesterday I ran over by 212 calories. I am upset but I know today is a new day.

goodluck

SL
  • Lindsay_N
    Lindsay_N Posts: 100
    Options
    Yesterday I was 169 under, day before that 148 under, day before that I hit my calories exact and had 0 remaining..... thats pretty much usual, there will be an odd day inbetween I go over, but thats not by more than 100 calories. Im not sure if just cuz Im not feeling hungry that doesnt mean I shouldnt eat and make sure Im hitting that minimum?? I havent been tired, or waking up hungry.
  • Lindsay_N
    Lindsay_N Posts: 100
    Options
    That is a good suggestion tash56. But then I might over do my fat intake ?
  • tash56
    tash56 Posts: 4
    Options
    if you are eating less calories than your body is burning you will lose weight. Don't stress over macros, but on how much you are burning. weight loss is about burning more than you consume. Workout your BMR subtract 500 calories from it by exercise or either eating less 500 calories less., that is your BMR to lose weight..
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    i'm the same. i'm going to try adding nuts to my day coz they are healthy and have lots of calories