Ate brownies & ice cream & feelin' good

:love: Why? Because I actually took the time to plan it!!! This is a first!! Waaah.. I was having a craving and was really agitated -- it started 2 nights ago. Ate well today but conservatively, worked out and have plenty of room left.... and let me tell you it never tasted so good knowing I did but also that I could guilt free. Even though the chocolate afterglow is gone, I feel really good and I've realized that the guilt is the trigger for the spiral. I feel full and my craving is gone and I actually managed this.

I feel like I've gained something here (other than weight harhar) and feel really empowered....why has it taken so bloody long for me to figure this out!!!!!! and will it last?

Replies

• :love: Why? Because I actually took the time to plan it!!! This is a first!! Waaah.. I was having a craving and was really agitated -- it started 2 nights ago. Ate well today but conservatively, worked out and have plenty of room left.... and let me tell you it never tasted so good knowing I did but also that I could guilt free. Even though the chocolate afterglow is gone, I feel really good and I've realized that the guilt is the trigger for the spiral. I feel full and my craving is gone and I actually managed this.

I feel like I've gained something here (other than weight harhar) and feel really empowered....why has it taken so bloody long for me to figure this out!!!!!! and will it last?
  • delanahub
    delanahub Posts: 56
    that is great!!!! This attitute will help keep you one the wagon and this is such a wonderful realization for the rest of your life. Planning is the answer and I so agree with you that the guilt is what causes the spiral. Good for you.
  • I just hope I can remember it next time.... sometimes the urge just takes over though...
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Nice work!! Sometimes the best way to deal with a craving is to just indulge it, in the responsible way that you did. I think it's so much more satisfying to have eaten a reasonable amount within my calorie budget than to throw all caution to the wind and just pig out. Hmm, wish I could remember that more often, though...:grumble: