Pre gym energy boost

Options
Cola bottles, gummi bears, wine gums, anything with lurid colouring and made almost entirely made of sugar has always been my pre-gym workout snack of choice. Because it works. I´ll have a handful of sweets on the way home from work and I´m raring to go once I get to the gym. But I´m starting to feel like there should be something healthier that´s as easy to digest and provides the same energy boost as sweets give you. Any suggestions? P.s. Bananas don´t work for me.

Replies

• NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm going to bump this one because I could really use some suggestions. I only get maybe 1-2hrs asleep a day one workdays and really need something to give me that boost for the gym.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    simple carbs ar good after gym not before that.
    coffee or greeen tea are good before
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Cola bottles, gummi bears, wine gums, anything with lurid colouring and made almost entirely made of sugar has always been my pre-gym workout snack of choice. Because it works. I´ll have a handful of sweets on the way home from work and I´m raring to go once I get to the gym. But I´m starting to feel like there should be something healthier that´s as easy to digest and provides the same energy boost as sweets give you. Any suggestions? P.s. Bananas don´t work for me.

I'd cut back on the candy as well. As needernt said, simple carbs are good post workout, however, candy as your simple carb of choice is based more on "bro-science" than anything else.

Coffee or green tea is good, or you can try a Pre-workout supplement. Supplements such as 1mr, Jack3d, craze etc. have caffeine and can help you stay focused and feel more alert during your workout. There are others as well and those are better alternatives to candy Pre-workout.

**sidenote** I LOVE gummi bears :bigsmile:
  • nml2011
    nml2011 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Black coffee is always good pre-workout.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    raisins and other dried fruit for natural energy. i personally prefer pre-workout supplements, most give you and extra pump.
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    gatorade g2 perform and creatine
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just take whey protein with L Tyrosine and BCAAs. Of course, not everyone will be into supplements here, but it's an option.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    A small portion of nuts, seeds, raisin mix is a great boost for before a workout.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Jam sandwich on brown for me
  • lhs1965
    lhs1965 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    amond butter on toasted arnold sandwich thins works for me:happy:
  • Shanewatson384
    Shanewatson384 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Green Tea will helpful for you.