How do you keep track of the food you eat out ?

Options
I am going to try Evernote on my smart phone. But I was wondering if anyone has slick Idea on how to do it.

Replies

• sodadog
    Options
    You can also try taking a photo of your plate. It won't give you the amounts but it will certainly help you remember which items to log, plus I have to estimate my amounts when eating out anyway. Hope that helps!
  • pbelschner
    pbelschner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've never used Evernote but I do like that most common restaurants and their menu's are already loaded in the MFP app. Just remember to add the sides.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Why don't you use the MFP app? I traveled in South Africa and Sweden for 6 weeks last summer and never missed logging a meal. I'm leaving for Europe tomorrow and will do it again.

Also, if it's hard for me to do on the fly, I snap a picture to cue my memory. And I've just trained myself to remember everything I eat and do it right afterwards.

I've used Evernote for things like that. You can also dictate into any phone - even a regular cell phone.
  • lizzylily16
    Options
    I either take a picture, know what I eat at certain restaurants normally, or take note of what I ate on a napkin or in my phone's "notes" section! Also, a lot of places have their nutrition facts online so you can see how much of a serving you ate and figure it close from there.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Huh? Why don't you just log it on the MFP app? And what's with the idea that you have to do it at the restaurant, anyway? Are you honestly eating so much food that you can't remember it all by the time you get home...?
  • MistyAnneK
    MistyAnneK Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use MFP App. It has a whole bunch of restaurants already loaded and is easier to use now with the update. You can also ask your waitress for a nutritional guide (most places have them on hand), then just mark what you had for update later.