Apple cider vinegar?

Options
2»

Replies

• tinkteri
    Options
    Interesting...I have given up my glass of wine each night too.....I wonder if I need to go back to it :-)
    022988 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've also heard a lot of good things about it. The actual ACV smells and tastes so bad to me so I'm trying the tablets, so hopefully those are good as well. Some say it's an appetite suppressant too so I'm hoping for the best!
  • tinkteri
    Options
    Update...I've been drinking 2 Tablespoons of the Braggs ACV in large glass of water/ice for 4 days now. It is not too bad, and I have to say I only feel a little bit better in the digestive area (but then again my body is prob getting used to good food again). The one thing I have to say is I actually crave it in the morning, which means my body is probably in need of a bit of acid.

One other thing is I am a horrible night time snacker, and now I have zero cravings for food at night!!! Might be mind over matter, but i'll take it for now :-).

Thank you all for your responses
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Do you drink it in the morning or at night or both?
  • tinkteri
    Options
    1TBSP in water before Breakfast and 1 TBSP in water before dinner
  • mittyerica
    Options
    I got Hot Apple Cider K-cups (sugar free), the regular ones only have 80 calories. I will put 2 TBSPs of the apple cider vinegar with the mother at the bottom of my mug before brewing. It is wonderful and tastes great.
  • gsbrooks1
    Options
    I have read that vinegar is good for balancing your bodies ph levels.
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I noticed this morning that it seems to go down slightly easier with warm water vs cold water.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Over the last month I've been drinking 1oz ACV in a 8oz glass of S/F apple drink mix before each meal. It tastes fantastic! I noticed that my heartburn dissapeared on day one- ACV is a lot cheaper than stomach pills. I have a sluggish gallbladder and that has inproved- no gallbladder attacks in the last three weeks. And the boost to my metabolism is wonderful. Just my personal experience. Blessings :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have been having some digestive problems (just since changing my eating habits), and a friend said that apple cider vinegar will help. I am wondering if anyone out there has benefited from this and is it worth a try?

thanks...

I use it to get rid of heartburn. It works better than Tums.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Try ginger for digestive issues. A cup of pure ginger tea sure beats drinking vinegar!

Slippery elm bark is great for ulcers and IBS. Cat's claw is great for intestinal inflammation.