The Green Devil . . . Jealousy!

Options
2»

Replies

• DC07
    DC07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Theres a word for people like that, their called "HATERS", you just keep doing your thing. And remember, you're doing it for you, not them.
  • Mommy08
    Mommy08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well thanks to all of you who responded :) I do appreciate it and I really appreciate you just listening to me vent!
  • atouchet
    Options
    My opinion is people who aren't sharing our lifestyle, or aren't as passionate about living a healthier lifestyle as we are, tend to not care about our accomplishments.

It really sucks that we work very hard to lose weight and keep it off EVERYDAY, yet we don't get compliments (aka verbal rewards) EVERYDAY for our hard work.

However, to defend the other side, I find how now that I'm in this mindset, I want to talk about it all the time, to anyone who will listen. It's very similar to gym rats and muscleheads who CONSTANTLY talk about their muscles (which is ULTRA annoying to me). I wonder if sometimes I annoy people with talking about healthy living all the time.

So maybe others around us do support us. They just don't feel the need to verbalize it everyday, because it's quite annoying to them.

Am I even making sense at this point?.....
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    Maybe she felt you weren't being happy for her? It's hard to be happy for others when we are struggling with the same thing. Try to compliment her on her weight loss or workouts etc., then maybe she will be likely to feel happy for you. But advice to both of you, also focus on the good things about each other that don't revolve around weight. It's way easier to find more compliments when it's not just about the scale. Good luck!
  • SarahJackson
    Options
    I know exactly how it feels...one of my roommates is always complaining to me about how she really needs to lose weight and as soon as I step in and to tell her I know how she feels cause i need too also and we should work together she tells me I can't possibly be in the same boat as her just because I don't need to lose as much weight as she does.
    No matter how much weight we need (or want) to lose we should always support our friends who are trying to do the same because we all need people who will be there to support us. That is what I love about this site, you get support from people you have never met before when you can't even support from your own friends. Good Luck!!!