Zumba

Options
I need to add Zumba to my Cardio but it says its not found, am I adding it in wrong?

Replies

• El_Ivers
    El_Ivers Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Zumba is not listed in the MFP catalog. You can either add cardio low intensity or high intensity depending on the class level or use calories burned on your heart rate monitor.
  • cyndi2u2
    Options
    Ok awesome, ty for the help :)
  • rm_jensen
    Options
    Hi, I use this to calculate the calories lost during Zumba. It's not the most high tech looking website but I've looked up elsewhere how many calories Zumba usually burns and this seems to stay around there. It's also nice because you can pick how high of an intensity the class is.

Good luck with your weight loss goals and fun with Zumba, its my absolute favorite!!

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
  • GingerRaven
    GingerRaven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just did Zumba for the first time yesterday and my hips and butt are SORE! :) I entered it in as aerobic dance, I think. Today I'm going to try Tae Bo, thanks to my local video store renting exercise DVDs for free. I figure this is a good way to try different things until I find something I really like.

Good luck!
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi, I use this to calculate the calories lost during Zumba. It's not the most high tech looking website but I've looked up elsewhere how many calories Zumba usually burns and this seems to stay around there. It's also nice because you can pick how high of an intensity the class is.

Good luck with your weight loss goals and fun with Zumba, its my absolute favorite!!

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

^^
    That's where I got my Zumba numbers also, but I subtracted about 90 calories from their total to account for warm up and cool down times, the good thing is once you add it to your profile, it will be there everytime. I just got off a 12 hr shift and am staying up a bit to go to Zumba this morning.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Last Zumba class I went to someone in the room had awful BO. Like "bag of rotten onions in a head lock" kind of stink. I can't go back to that class. I will Zumba at home. :) for me it is about 500 calories for an hour.